Usergroups
Party with not 6 but fewer members
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I am just thinking about my new party (I am near end of game with my first one).
I know that exp. points for every member of party = exp. points from group of monsters/number of living members of party.
So my question is: did someone of you tried to play with fewer partymembers and not with 6? Did someone of you tried it with one or two? Is it possible?
Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 12:54 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

No, I haven't tried it, but it IS possible.. And, in theory, you would be at a much higher level at end game, b/c the exp pts would be divided only between 2-5 characters instead of the usual 6...

The trouble would be surviving that long!!

Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 3:46 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I will try it early and I will describe it in this forum
Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 5:40 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Yes, keep us informed..

As for me, it's my first time through, and it's quite hard enough with the full 6-8 members in your party!!

Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 8:44 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

I only used 5 party members, and I guess after level 22-23 you don't really get that much more bonuses for leveling up. You are already as strong as you need. Using only 2-3 characters will defently make the game harder, hench they all will be exposed for attacks everytime, and you need a lot more time to kill every opponent. You will also have big difficulties by missing some abilities you can't get with only 2-3 characters. If you really want a challenge, then choose your ultimate party of 5-6 members and set the difficulties to "Hard".
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:21 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

OK
I will play it on Hard...
Btw are you playing this game on Easy, Medium or Hard?
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 11:05 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

I started out on "easy" with my first party, but started early all over with a new party at "medium" setting. I have only finished the game once (medium). "Medium" is defently harder than "Easy" especially in the beginning. I guess "hard" is for the very skilled stratetic battle master. I'm going to play W8 again with the "hard" setting, but I just got my hands on "Gothic". A nice and very interesting game. It give you some illusiuon of a free world game, but is certainly not so, you mostly need to do things in the correct order. It has also some very annoying bugs, even after the latest patch, which can prevent you from finish the game! But still a very interesting game!
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 12:17 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes Gothic is very nice. I had two games at same time, Gothic and Wizardy 8, I started them in same time and I choose Gothic to play it first, because it looks somehow (for me, FPS player) better. After I finished Gothic I returned to Wizardy 8. And now I am really not able to say which one is better. I do not want to compare them, they are both RPGs but they are very different.

If hard is for battle-strategic masters, I think, I will start it on medium with my new party (I am now playing it on easy, because it is my first real RPG, I ussually play FPSs on hard, but this is not FPS and I am glad that I started it on easy)
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 12:48 pm

I currently play a single char party.
It's the dreaded female fearie ninja !
Survival is only a problem before level 4-5.
After that my stealth skill got me AC 15 or whatnot and monsters just don't hit me anymore plus sometimes never attack at all !
I join Vi Domina in Arnika and Madras for the Gadgeteer fun part...later drop him for the robot monk. Should be no prob to finish.
Meanwhile I got level 15 and just started the swamp. I level like crazy, you know.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 12:53 pm

Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

I said I guess that the "hard" setting needs a battle master, I don't know if it hold true. I guess it's a matter to survive the first 10 levels.
BTW Mr Anonymous what difficult setting are you playing on with your 1-3 men army! You must get some awfully long battles.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 1:17 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

MichaelC

Have fun with Gothic! I thoroughly enjoyed that game, and only purchased Wiz8 after I had beaten Gothic. That was, for me, the best single player, single character RPG for a long time, if not ever. Very fun game!

I'm really enjoying Wiz8, too, though..I like the idea of a party based rpg, with all the different races/classes/class specific items....really puts a nice spin on it for me!

Anyway...have fun with Gothic, and beware Mud!!

Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:52 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Mud: Kicked him once (not killed), now his not bothering me again!
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 3:25 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-02-04 08:52, iplaygames2 wrote:
I'm really enjoying Wiz8, too, though..I like the idea of a party based rpg, with all the different races/classes/class specific items....really puts a nice spin on it for me!

Yes, creating characters for my party was very nice a a enjoied it very much
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 6:26 pm