Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What is your prediction for Gothic 3? Everyone participate!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Which do you predict is most likely going to be in Gothic 3?
Players will have the option of following Xardas in an evil guild on behalf of Beliar.
28%
 28%  [ 17 ]
Players will find out that one or more of their parents were a god.
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Xardas will kill Beliar and take over his reign.
23%
 23%  [ 14 ]
Players will meet Mud or one of his relatives.
27%
 27%  [ 16 ]
Players will have the ability to purchase and sail ships.
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
The end of Gothic 3 will result in the creation of another barrier.
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 59

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

The opening of Gothic 3 starts out with a flashback to your youth. In fact, though you can't remember it, you were raised in a safe, cloistered centre of learning called the Monastery, by your kindly stepfather Xardas, who one day sends you out into the wilderness because the forces of evil are gathering...

In the third Gothic we can find out that your loyal companion Mud is your half brother; you defeated your other half-brother the evil Sleeper, in Gothic One. You discover that your father is Beliar, who spawned a number of half-human children. Gothic 3 chronicles your quest to defeat the most powerful of these Belial-spawn, who threatens to take over the world...
Post Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:17 am
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I would like to see Mud as a Distraction spell scroll…When there are a bunch of Orks between you and you’re objective you conjure up a bunch of Muds and they go running off through the pack Orks. Or you can whip one up and use him to distract a guard merchant. You can also use him to bug someone until they tell you what you need to know or do.

Sylvio
Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:53 am
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Ha ha ha! Thats so cruel... I LOVE it!

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:27 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

I don't know, maybe you get to fight the orc war by yourself. One thing I noticed was the comment he makes as a merc/dragon hunter to another former convict. He said sounds familiar when the other dragon hunter mentioned something about defending himself and the guy falling and breaking his neck. That's the only clue I found that may indicate why hero was a convict at all.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:08 am
yeberion
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I think we will see more of the water mages, if you remember the scroll you find in the new camp that is left by saturas says they are searching for the centre of the destruction, i think you will be reunited with the water mages and have a chance to rejoin them.

No doubt that your ship will get caught in a storm and you will suffer yet another sort of amnesia. Id also like to see more characters from g1, like more of the shadows, perhaps you will meet fingers again or thorus (guess it depends if you took out the old camp in g1). Someone said something about being a new character but i think that would ruin the game, you have travelled from being a prisoner in the valley to killing the sleeper and the undead dragon, personally id like to continue the journey as our player and enter the land knowing the same as he does.

I also think they need the world to react more to your status, they improved it in g2 but i think if your a fire mage you should be more recognised for your rank, like if you become the high council you can order the other mages around or ask a paladin to assist you.

Id also like to be able to purchase a house to store you belongings, in g1 you could get houses in 2 of the camps but in g2 from what i found you could only get your own room in the monastary.
Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:45 pm
Mao
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I enjoyed the crew recruitment quest. I hope in G3 you get a similar "homebase" at some point in the game. You could recruit or invite people to join you and they could offer services and further develop your base as they make themselves at home. You could plan/build base defenses or assign shifts and jobs to people. Of course, they should have an "off shift" where they relax somewhere. You could do quests to slowly improve the quality of your "gang". Really, any kind of development in this direction would be great. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

If you get a homebase, you could get a puppy or something. You could bring it stuff you find, and it might grow a bit as the game goes on. You could bring it hunting with you or tell it to stay home when things get dangerous. You could even have it trail after you as you leave the base and you'd have to scold it to send it home. I noticed the farmers didn't have sheep dogs, so I thought this might be an interesting addition.

I think the game needs more cooking. You could spend maybe 5 LP to learn the general skill "cooking" and you could have a different interaction with the stove that would allow you to cook different things up. Or you could pay 1 LP to learn different recipies. Or they could just make more cooking objects that you could interact with (for free). I'd love to find Sneff running a tavern somewhere-Then you could blackmail him by threatening to tell his customers what his special ingredients are.

In general, more survival skills would be nice. Maybe add a fishing skill somehow.

Of course, I'd love to see more item interaction. I don't know why they got rid of things like lighting fires in G2. I guess it didn't serve any purpose, but it was still nice.

It was already mentioned, but better inventory management would be good. Maybe allow some manual inventory organization.

Finally, I'd like to see more women. With only one exception, all the women in this game were wives, merchants, or whores. I'd like to see at least one female warrior or leader.

As far as the plot goes...I'm sure it will be fine.
Post Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:49 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5