Gothic II world
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Gothic II world

I havnt had much detail on the new gothic II world.. could anyone please fill me in a little without spoiling the game for me?
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:09 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, the new area is twice the size of G1 world, and most of the G1 world is still there too, so that triple size in total. Theres more hidden places, new herbs/plants everywhere, NPCs have even better AI, lotsa women in the game, NPCs remember what you do, *SLIGHT SPOILER* I stole some clothes from a farmer's chest, when I went back later he realised I was wearing his clothes, he demanded i return it for pay for it or else..*END SPOILER*
Also if you do something wrong in the city, you'll be punished for it even if there where no paladin's around at the time, they'll soon know! Khorinis has a red light district, also some NPCs from G2 are around (Lee, Cord and other mercenaries, Cor Angar, Wolf, Gorn, Milton, Diego, Lester, Velaya, Lares) also there are new animals/monsters (sheep, field raiders, dragons, giant rats, goblin skeletons, etc)
Overall, even more realistic atmosphere than G1, more eye-candy, better difficulty balance (not so hard a start, not so easy at the end)
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:38 am
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Thanks

cheers for that buddy...
even though you know your stuff..i was thinking more in the way of graphics..like the clouds and sky and trees.. is there as many bugs as in g1 ..and will we get to see some nice cut scenes..

plz.. reply
someone like that guy up there with experience
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:19 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

well, I have only played the demo, i can the sky looks real, you can set it so that clouds actually cause shadows too (but my guess is that takes up more CPU power than its worth)the object details is a little better tan G1 in my opinion, as for the trees, forests etc, I think they're about the same as G1. It is supposed to be less buggy, I had no problems with the demo but can't comment on the full game, and with the patched version the loading time is much faster than Gothic 1 according to 1 review
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:40 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You have to differenciate between stability and buggyness. G2 is rock stable but there are still many minor and a few bigger bugs left.
Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:02 am
Mike Rotch
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I can't wait till this game comes out. I heard the sky is reflected in the water. Is that true? And does the character start out with as bad stats as in G1? I hope your strenth hasn't dropped below 20. It seems it shouldn't have dropped from 200+ to 10. Same with other stats. Even if you were trapped under some rocks I doubt the effect would be that drastic.
Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:51 am
Norb
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You see you were under the "rocks".And you can be happy your are still alive.And you dosen't was under rocks for 5 minutes.And I dosen' played the full version of the gothic 2 but in the demo you low stas just like in Gothic 1.
Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:04 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The water is reflective, which is a nice effect but not as breathtaking as the pixel-shaded water of Morrowind. There are lots of plants (like water-lilies) on the water. And you're back to 'really weak' again.
Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:10 am
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

will there b jobs

not including the 3 guilds.. will there be certain jobs to earn money in gothic 3... like being a trader or something...

and is it true that the time of day effects your current quests??
Post Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:22 pm