Usergroups
Bow Revisited
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

Fine. I won't try to discuss this with you any further as it seems obvious that you can not take someone having another view from yours. I still feel its exploiting a flaw in the game and you still feel its how its supposed to be.

Nuff said.

Post Wed Oct 03, 2001 7:27 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

It's not a flaw in the game.

What do you want the guards to do? Just stand there?

Like I said, what if you can get someone else to distract the guards for you?

Maybe I could get one of the Shadows to start shooting at both the guards. Do you want the guards to just stand there, while they get shot at?

This is not only 'my view'. It's the view of what realism is.

Post Wed Oct 03, 2001 8:10 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

I don't mind your answers. I ask a few questions I expect not everyone to agree. But when your answer is "Get off the boards". Well that just doesn't do anyone any good. So I figure this is a touchy subject with you, so like I said, I don't care to discuss this with you any further. You have your view I have mine.

Post Wed Oct 03, 2001 8:18 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Alright, Stiletto. Let's put this into your perspective.

Your overall mission is to get that letter to the Mages at all costs(basically).

And the only way to do that in the demo, is to distract the guards, then run in.

The demo is everything the full version game is. Just remember that.
Post Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:09 am
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

As a final response I will say you are not supposed to get into the castle in the demo. If you didn't notice, there are quite a few people in there that do not have sound when you talk to them. I would think that is because PB did not include the sounds files to make the download smaller. I would also think that this means they do not want you to be in that area.

Post Thu Oct 04, 2001 12:14 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ahem... Well as a final response to you:

They cut out the outside world, and the two camps. But they didn't cut out anything else.

I wonder why. If you were never supposed to step out of those barriers, it wouldn't make a difference whether they cut everything out, or just those camps.

Let's keep it at that.
Post Thu Oct 04, 2001 1:47 pm

Why in the hell would they render everything inside the castle for the demo if they didn't intend on people going inside? They could have easily just shut the gate and not rendered anything inside to cut down on the size of the demo. Shit, even the bikini texture is in the demo along with the women (which you can only see if you make it inside the castle). I'm sorry stilleto but it's not cheating to go inside the castle in the demo. The creators made it hard but if they didn't want it to happen (as you claimed to have read the programmers minds), they would have made it impossible.

The thing about gothic that makes it a great game is that there isn't a linear path to follow nor are there any morality guidelines to adhere to. You can lead a digger into a hut and murder them without incurring a game penalty. You can even kill a shadow or two by doing the same thing. All the amoral things you can't do in real life are rewarded or ignored in this game. There are no rules for this game so please, take the stick out of your ass, relax, and enjoy the catharsis of robbing and/or murdering people while smoking big fat joints.
Post Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:51 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2