Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Death of an EQ player - what do you think?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:

On 2002-04-04 07:33, Shrapnel wrote:
Thanks for your time, now get back to your leveling, nerd

Pfft, you should try this bad455 game. You can actually download it.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:45 pm
xandor
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

IMO, this whole thing reminds me of my old D&D days back in highschool (early 80's). D&D was satans gateways... oooooooooooo its evil.

Some whacked out kid who had psychological issues distinguising between what was real and was not killed himself cause his D&D character died or something like that. The 700 Club (*SHIVER* that show still air?!) aired some stupid thing blaming on satan telling the kid to whack himself through his D&D sessions. Give me a friggin break! Heck, they even made a movie off it called Mazes and Monsters which starred Tom Hanks as the schitzophrenic (sp?) kid.

Basically thats the problem with most people in this country (America) - we refuse to accept responsibility for our actions, we always wanna put the blame somewhere other than where it belongs. I blame the mother for not reconizing all the signs that were there. She knew that if she would have been paying enough attention to her son she could probably have saved his life. Out of guilt she's blaming Sony who did nothing but create a successful product.

So they design quests that take 10-12 hours to solve. Is there someone with a gun pointed at your head making you undertake that quest?! Chances are... NO. Are your guild members gonna come over to your house and kill you or make your RL miserable cause you didn't help them? If so then you can't POSSIBLY honestly call these people "friends".

If you guys let these guild leaders push you around in a fictitional world then you truly have lost touch with reality and should seek psychiatric help of your own. If its reached this point you are already addicted - the MMORPG you are playing becomes nothing more than a drug and the guild leaders amount to nothing more than your pusher... JUST SAY NO!

We are all responsible for our OWN actions. Heck I'm addicted to Chips Ahoy... My skin has a bad reaction with chocolate but I eat em anyways. Can my wife sue Nabisco for my bad skin?! Hell no! I chose to eat em myself. I take full responsibily! And is there a warning on the bag saying "Warning, these cookies are highly addictive" No and nor should there be one.

Warning Labels do one thing folks - make the product more attractive! To quote Dennis Leary on Cigaretts "You could make the pack black, put a skull and crossbone on it and call em Tumors and smokers would be lined up around the block to get em!"

You put a warning label on a game to the extent of "Warning, this game is highly addictive." and gamers will be crammed into their local Game Stop to get their hands on it.

Ok, if you're still awake...

Warnings are not the answer! The answer is being responsible for your own actions and knowing where that line between fiction and reality is.

My two cents!

-Xandor

[ This Message was edited by: xandor on 2002-04-04 22:19 ]
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:12 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

quote:

Umm, this game is actually addicting (for a work environment, anyway) in 5 minutes I made level 11 hehehehe
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Devil in Disquise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2002-04-03 17:26, Max Killen wrote:

Like last nights dinner, he's forgotten

I guess he is really forgotten now then.

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:23 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:

On 2002-04-05 09:33, Shrapnel wrote:
quote:

Umm, this game is actually addicting (for a work environment, anyway) in 5 minutes I made level 11 hehehehe

But, you get booted out at level

*SPOILER*

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:03 pm

quote:

On 2002-04-05 16:03, sauron38 wrote:

But, you get booted out at level

*SPOILER*
(omitted)

Damn. I grew pretty attached to my stats, I suppose a suicide joke would be inappropriate here.
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 9:59 pm

Marshall Medan
Capitan of the Dark Knights of Nekara
Capitan of the Dark Knights of Nekara

that game i bad but funny
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:19 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4