Usergroups
Vampire the Masqurade Redemption
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Vampire

Author Thread
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

Vampire the Masqurade Redemption

does anybody know where i can find a lestat skin for vampire the masqurade redemption..i refduse to believe that there has not been one made.....
Lestat
Post Fri Mar 14, 2003 3:14 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

Sorry... a quick check shows that The Crypt, which was the only site I knew of for VTM skins, is no longer up. Vampire is quite an old game now... most of its fan projects are probably over.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:32 pm
Esrohnoil
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

...but Vampire: TM is still a good game.
I played it again nowadays.

- Demons rules the body, but the soul never break within...

- "There's still hope..."
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:59 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

darkcrypt.com also is a good source for skins and whatnot.....
the site is www.darkcrypt.com
Lestat
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:06 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

quote:
Originally posted by Esrohnoil
...but Vampire: TM is still a good game.
I played it again nowadays.
Oh it's fantastic! I absolutely love the acting and what a great story and atmosphere!
Post Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:16 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

i play the game quite often and i am usually playing online....it has a great story and i love the detail as well.....
Post Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:40 pm
MadPriest
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Vampire The Masquarade RULES!!!!!

man I have been hoping after all these years there would be a sequel!!!!! or at least the same team making another game in that style but less linear

speaking of, does anyone know what happened to that company , where they are now...etc..??
Post Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:54 pm
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Location: In the northern mountains of the western continent.

Nihilistic is working on the "sequel" to starcraft. Starcraft: Ghost. you can read more on it here www.blizzard.com/ghost
I dont think there is much plan to make a sequel to vampire as it didnt sell to well and was plagued by bugs. Ah well who knows?

.: Amd XP 2700+
.: Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
.: 1024mb DDr pc2700
.: 120GB UDMA 7200 RPM 2MB WD
.: 2 LG LCD Screens @ 19" Viewing
Post Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:07 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

VTM was pretty good, it has some real balance problems tho. When I first started playing it, I was blown away by it. But in time some things started wearing on me. Like the toughness of the vampires(or lack of), and the skills being worthless til almost end-game potency. You can dump points into most the skills, and they are for the most part worthless until they have been dumped into all game long. And the vamps are so weak and the humans strong, I thought at one point "these are vampires"? They go down like a sack of potatoes! So, in order to have a good time with the game i cheated and gave everyone a zillion xp so they could bump up their skills and actually perform like Vampires. They starve you to death in that game, everything firepower is way underpowered. I can remember getting a gun for the first time, and shooting these damn human scientists like 12 times and them still not falling. Meanwhile, my coterie gets wiped out by some simple adversaries. That is, until i "pumped them up". Then yes, the game was fun ='.'=
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain

Last edited by xSamhainx on Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:56 am
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Yes, a very good game indeed. Its one of my favorites and i still play it from time to time. Although i never played it online for some odd reason... I agree on the whole guns being worthless comment, it felt impossible for me to kill those humans espiecally since they had gorgets on. At the time i remember thinking to myself over and over again "Aren't the vampires supposed to be the superhuman ones...?"

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:05 am
GokYabguHan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Vampire rulez

Vampire Redemption is among the best RPG's that I ever played.It's rather linear game but its' story, gameplay and musics are fantastic.3 years passed after the game released,but its' graphics are impressive according to today's standarts.All RPG lovers must play it.
Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:02 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Graphically, that game was jaw-dropping for it's time. Especially when you first enter that castle and there are all those candles and the wind blowing the curtains around. Even the subterranian levels were nice
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:09 am
stealth
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I just saw that a new VTM based game is being developed by Troika. I didn't like Redemption at all but hope Troika can do something nice with the Vampire universe. It will be interesting to see if they can pull of creating a RPG with a FPS engine.
Post Tue May 06, 2003 4:31 pm
Navaros
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Vampire is one of the very best games ever made. Definitely top 5.

Yes it was linear, but that's the price of having top-notch voice acting tell you an engrossing story. I'd much rather have a linear, well-voice-acted story then a generic POS "story" with no voice-acting at all (ie: Morrowind --- if i wanted to READ in this day and age, i'd pick up a book ffs... not play a computer game!)

It's true that your party members dropped a little too easily but this could be greatly averted by boosting all anti-frenzying stats and Micromanaging your whole Coterie as if it was an RTS Which actually makes the gameplay more challenging and involving, when you think about it.

I found human enemies were actually very weak, but they just had extremely powerful weapons, ie: flamethrowers. If they didn't have powerful weapons, they'd be no challenge at all.

It's true about Guns being worthless. It's a shame that guns have no gameplay value at all; but then again, most games with Inventories have quite a few useless items in the game, not just Vampire. Solution: never use Guns.

It is an utter tragedy that Nihilistic won't be using this engine for another Vampire game. The graphics, sound, and atmosphere in Vampire are still the very best on the market. Way better than crap like Morrowind and NWN. A developed MP Vampire using the exact same engine as Redemption would easily be the best RPG of all time. The potential is right there slapping us PC gamers in the face; it will never be realized, unfortunately.

Last edited by Navaros on Mon May 12, 2003 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon May 12, 2003 5:13 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

i hope that if the game will have multiplayer like in redemption...being able to do storytelling and whatnot...i think that is one of the best parts of redemption....it is kewl playing as a vampire but will be even kewler to play looking at the world through your vampire's eyes.....
Lestat
Post Mon May 12, 2003 8:01 pm