Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Star Wars: Galaxies - An Empire Divided (PC, MMORPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

switch to decaf
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:18 pm
Gravel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Of course it's not the competition that many powergamers want

Really ? it is for Casual players then ?
I don't think so considering the huge amounts of XP you need to even reach a Master profession. And trust me, i am a casual player who tested SWG for 6 weeks and i wasn't even close to Master Marksman, far from that.
And that was when XP was easy to get before all the changes in system.

For me this game is absolutly based on power hunger gamers who wanna play 24/7 to reach something.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:22 pm

quote:
I'm afraid that for all the powergamers, swg will be a disappointment. Too many choices to make, too much depth to developing an online life. I understand the letdown that many of you are having

Is this some kinda way to insult people who dont like your fav game eqdaocbuilikeswg?

Maybe to you SWG has alot of depth,personally from a gaming standpoint I saw SWG as a very shallow,thrown together money machine for the average cow in the herd.SWG is the equal in the MMoRPG market of teen idols in the music industry.If you would like I will write out an extended review of its shallowness,and true lack of choice,its not a hard thing to do,the devs gave plenty of ammunition.

Go to SWG and build your life and enjoy it,you deserve to enjoy a life somewhere,I will enjoy mine in reality,and I will play games with depth as an occasoinal getaway for an hour or 2 here and there.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:47 pm

Gravel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
If you would like I will write out an extended review of its shallowness,and true lack of choice,its not a hard thing to do,the devs gave plenty of ammunition.

so, been a Beta tester also he ?
Please make that review, so i can read and comply with it.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:33 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

quote:
Originally posted by Shrapnel
switch to decaf

Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:45 pm
hoyp::.

http://gamesdomain.com/gdreview/zones/reviews/pc/jun03/star_wars_gal.html
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:25 pm

Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by hoyp::.
http://gamesdomain.com/gdreview/zones/reviews/pc/jun03/star_wars_gal.html

Well, it comes a little early, but this "review" is a little better tempered than the previous one we were treated to. He makes some nice, reasonable points.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:55 pm
Gravel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i agree with you Ekim. More subtile is the word.
Still, in the end the conclusions are the same...move along, nothing new...

It is very sad though, i mean it. This game was so hyped and had such potentional to be "THE" MMORPG of 2003.
All i can hope is that the "in developement" MMORPG's will take notice..then again, hey....money makes the world turn and we the gameplayers have it, bring it to us they say......poor us :/
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:11 am
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

As I said in the start of this thread (over two months ago) about all the hype and 300,000 registered members for swg beta:

"Those numbers tell nothing of how good the game is, instead they say that star wars is a popular brand, SOE is a "famous" (or should i say infamous) maker of mmorpgs and that SWG has good graphics. As for treadmills, the realtime item decay might allready become as one. Everyone has to keep replacing their stuff at the rate it decays. From houseplants and other furniture to laserguns."

Later the amount of bugs came apparent too, due to release delays and the need to keep NDA on for so long. Though i still could not believe it, that with all the money and experience SOE had, they were still forced to release a beta.

Daoc still holds the crown for best mmog release. (thou the game is a tad lacking othervice)
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:53 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

/emote shoots self in the head for hyping SWG before trying it.
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:13 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

quote:
switch to decaf

oh yeah?!? well, you should switch to brain food! loser! haha! (j/k)
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:14 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Well I dont know what all the bad press was about, this game is phenomenal. I've been hooked on it for 2 weeks now, and I dont see any slowdown in the future. This isnt just another 'Combat with craft skills on the side". Craft and combat play two totally different but equal roles, there are no #s on level (ie level 25 wookie or lev 78 smuggler) just levels of skill (novice, intermediate or master in a certain skill)so there's no restrictions on the way people can group. Anyway, there's way too much to say about this game, I just wished I had picked it up on the 25th like I was originally going to do instead of listening to all the comments here. bah
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:55 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
I just wished I had picked it up on the 25th like I was originally going to do instead of listening to all the comments here. bah

Regardless of any comments here, if you had picked up this game on the 25th (or 26th) you would have been subjected to so much frustrations that maybe your comments would have been as bad as others Be happy that you waited even just a little bit. The first weekend was not that fun. And this is from someone who actually enjoys SWG as much as you
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:37 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Actually I take that back, I *am* glad I did wait til after opening weekend. But usually Im gung ho for a game or Im not interested at all. Im not the type to patiently 'wait and see' I almost missed this one altogether.
Anyway, the game is great and performance gets better everyday for me.
WHat server are you on and what class>
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:52 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
WHat server are you on and what class>

If you go to the SWG forums right here on RPGDot, we have a good bunch playing on the Chilastra server. We have a thread that MoonDragon created to display everyone's home so that we can know where everyone is.

I just made Novice Creature Handler and will be a Bio Engineer as well pretty soon... I know, I know, don't talk to me about nerfs I'd rather play something I know is going to be nerfed now than be nerfed in 6 months without seeing it coming Seriously, I started having fun taming babies last night
Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:51 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next