Simple question about beer
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

Simple question about beer

in the decription of beer, it has 3 hp, 1mana (or thereabouts) then underneath it sais 'Dark Paladin'

have i missed something? or is this some total random shite that found its way into the game that means absolutely nothing?
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:23 am
Maxal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This is regular beer, which heals you, there is also available ' caragon special'
which permanently increases your health/mana.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:15 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

oh so 'dark paladin' is the brand name heh, i thought if i drank enough of it it would do something cool to me (a philosophy which i live by in real life also, and cool shit happens )
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:22 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

*sniggers* no if you drink it and your a paladin, you turn into a dark paladin, gain demonicpowers and have to destroy everyone in the city...

hehe, its just beer!

where can i find some of this 'caragon special' beer? :S
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:48 pm
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Coragon gives you his special beer as a reward after you bring him his stolen treasure.

Don't look here if you doesn't want spoiler.

His treasure is in the same chest as hunter trainer stolen bow.

PS Btw, has anyone tried drinking 10 beers or 10 wines. Is it possible to become drunk, having for example just 1 in agility, 0 in int ?

Last edited by Egin on Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:06 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

lol i tried it, nothing happened for me
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:07 pm
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

And and it will be cool if you eat lots of mushrooms, something happends in Kastanedda's way
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:12 pm
darth
Village Leader
Village Leader

something does happen

I either ate many dark mushrooms or digger meat mushrooms, I don't remember which but I got +10 to mana out of it

Also it may be already mentioned somewhere but you get +25 XP for every book when you read them for the first time!

-d
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:21 pm
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

50 dark mushrooms - +10 mana permanent
25 apples - + 1/5 str.

=member of The RPGDot Shadows=
=member Gothic Novel Writers=
=member The Allience of middle Earth=

God, smite me, oh mighty smiter!!!
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:33 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Per 50 dark mushrooms eaten gives +10 mana permantely. They are 'magic' mushrooms after all. Hippys called it pscyliben; a type of hulecigenic trip practiced by some older cultures.

Eat 50 more, if there are enough in the game, and gain another +10 mana?
Someone posted this information.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:33 pm
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

sorry, forgot to tell: all these magic side-affects only happen once

=member of The RPGDot Shadows=
=member Gothic Novel Writers=
=member The Allience of middle Earth=

God, smite me, oh mighty smiter!!!
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:37 pm
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

No, I meant something different. I know, that you have +10 mana after eating them, but as Xarxes mentioned theese are psycillic mushrooms. So, after eating lots of them you could experience some funny/stupid things like dancing paladins, flying sheap or guards telling fairytales. Andre could that he was a little rabbit in a previous life, and after you ask him, how was his life being a rabbit, you find yourself in jail having. You ask guard and he tells you something stupid also riding wooden horse, and you wake up in the morning and they all start telling you interesting things

We have got some beer with friends so my imagination works wonders
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:47 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Egin
Coragon gives you his special beer as a reward after you bring him his stolen treasure.

Don't look here if you doesn't want spoiler.

His treasure is in the same chest as hunter trainer stolen bow.

PS Btw, has anyone tried drinking 10 beers or 10 wines. Is it possible to become drunk, having for example just 1 in agility, 0 in int ?

You can get a second one if you bring him the book you can...... *acquire* from Lehmar, the one where his debt is recorded. Although you can also take the book to Hannah or Torben.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:02 am
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

sorry, who is coragon, i dont believe i have encountered him yet in the game... i have his treasure and am in the proccess of taking lehmar's paper...

also i was wondering, there are a few ppl you can give lehmars debt paper to, and there are various rewards depending on who you give it to... 2 questions, can you ,after getting reward and gioving paper, beat someone up and take it back from them to give it to the next person? and what are the rewards for each person you can give it to? thnx

also i have had magic mushrooms, they rule, but i didnt halucinate, just got real giggly at mr meage while watching karate kid... nice colours, moving lines/shapes and patterns, and stationary objects seem to move/ripple/a number of other spiffy effects... also a very strong sense of euphoria and well being. i never got 10+ mana tho
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:26 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

[quote="Gothdick"]sorry, who is coragon, i dont believe i have encountered him yet in the game... i have his treasure and am in the proccess of taking lehmar's paper... [quote="Gothdick"]Coragon is in his pub, which you can find straight across form the passage from Constantino's place. On the right you will see Vatras telling his story and on the left is Coragons pub. That is, if you went through the passage coming form Harrad.

quote:
Originally posted by Gothdick

also i was wondering, there are a few ppl you can give lehmars debt paper to, and there are various rewards depending on who you give it to... 2 questions, can you ,after getting reward and gioving paper, beat someone up and take it back from them to give it to the next person? and what are the rewards for each person you can give it to? thnxn

It's Hannah, Torben and Coragon. If I remember right you can buy it back from Torben and Coragon, which means you can fulfill all three of parts of this quest, but I am not entierly sure anymore, since it's been some time since I did this quest.

quote:
Originally posted by Gothdick

also i have had magic mushrooms, they rule, but i didnt halucinate, just got real giggly at mr meage while watching karate kid... nice colours, moving lines/shapes and patterns, and stationary objects seem to move/ripple/a number of other spiffy effects... also a very strong sense of euphoria and well being. i never got 10+ mana tho

You ate the Dark Mushrooms, about 50 of them (sometimes it's a bit more, sometimes a bit less), then you should have gotten the 10+ in Mana. I know it happened with me every single time I played trough this game.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:57 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next