Housing
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

Housing

Is there anyway to get a house of your own, like one that says "Entrance to <name>'s House." ? or do you just have to 'borrow' one of the villagers homes? right now im using a villagers home (he didnt want to give it up so i had to kill him :/ ) to store all of my stuff in that is too expensive to sell to the vendors at my lvl, stuff like 4000-60000, i dont mean to sound gay or nothing but i wouldnt mind being able to decorate my house interior with weapon racks to hang swords/shields and mabye armor stands n such
Post Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:20 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The house won't be named after you, but depending on your quests you'll have the chance to get at least two houses - the Council Club in Balmora as well as the hut of the tax collector's murderer in Seyda Neen. The Council club is big enough to accomodate you and your loot so you won't need the hut, but it never hurts to have a cozy little seaside resort in addition to it .
=EDIT=
I'm afraid you'll have to dump your loot on the ground if you don't manage to get it stuffed into the chests. I heard from other folks whose loot disappeared after they put it in storage chests, but I didn't encounter the problem so far.
Post Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:29 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

You want a house to store all you loots?

First, you could use/share certain NPC's house; or better still kill some unimportant NPC's or through certain quests.

Second, IMO best choice - is to get a house plugins out there which usually far more accommodating, always come with big display room, lots of chest, complete with alchemy labs, mannequin for armors & such.
Post Thu Aug 22, 2002 4:48 pm
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yea, goofy is right, that is the best choice.
Post Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:48 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by The Omen
Yea, goofy is right, that is the best choice.
Well said as always, Omen. You might consider giving some actual advice, such as the name of a couple good house mods.

I'll give Omen a while to do his duty. If that doesn't pan out, I'll mention a couple mods for you, Striz.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:00 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Hard to find good help these days....

Striz, you might take a look at "Luxury Estate" and "House D'Orthay". The first is big and beautiful in Balmora. The second has some quests with it and is near Seyda Neen.

Hope this helps some.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:01 am
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

Heh, thanks for the help guys, but i thought ahead of you a few minutes after jaz told me they dont give you a house, i went and got 2 mods, one is anastasios resort, its actually a hidden door in eldafires floor in seyda neen, i must reccomend this to everyone, it doesnt have an alc lab , but it is an awesome huge house, packed to the hilt with shelves, 5 mannequins on stand with awesome lighting on them, practice dummys, 4 display stands with awesome background for weapons, then 6 display case with sliding glass walls (really cool, small though) a very nice bedroom area where i have set up my own alc lab and a neat lounging pool with waterfall included
Post Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:38 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

What is with the infatuation of mannequins on stand? What do you do with them and where are they?
Post Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:45 pm
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

You have to download them, or make them yourself if you know how. basically they just take a corpse, color it like wood, and put it in the pose of a battle ready soldier, the reason people like them so much, is because you can completely customize them with whatever armor you like, and you can keep your rare/unique armors and shields displayed at all times. take for instance, just to make my house look good, i used cheats to get full sets of glass, and daedric armor and dressed my manequins up in them, it just depends on whether you like displaying armor or not
Post Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:54 pm
elonin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

moving corpses?

How do you move corpses? Prefer noncheat way if possible.

elonin
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:41 pm