Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Stuff I would like to see in future Gothic games.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Negatyfus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

**** that. I'd like to see the limits pushed. It'll be better for the market, overall. Sure, maybe you'll have to wait a few more years to be able to play the game on your then two-year old computer if you don't have the money. But hypes like Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 is what pushes the industry forward. I want more variety, detail and realism in my Gothic 3 engine. I'll buy a new computer for it.
Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:04 pm
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

well i spose i should contribute some ideas...though i doubt PB guys are actually still reading these posts. in any event:

Improved graphics and whatnot are a must (like that one dude said about real time shadows and all the uber stuff of that nature). that practically goes without saying.

contrary to what many people have to say, i thought the combat system and weapon/armor selection was nigh onto perfect. however, shields would definitely be nice, and a morrowind-esque division of armor sets could add a level of depth to the game (not to mention personalization of each persons character.) multiple layers of clothing/armor is a friggin awesome idea; i dont know why more games dont implement it.

faster means of transportation are a must. i dont really care if its like the MW silt striders or a stable full of horses, something has to be done. i found myself going into marvin mode and F8-ing myself around the map because i was so tired of walking places.

character customization. its obviously too late to choose gender, race, and appearance, unless they wanna start from scratch like someone suggested with a new character. however, even if they don't do this, i want to be able to change my character's appearance; make Me into me. maybe the use of a razor could allow you to change his beard type, and a pair of scissors could let you change his hairstyle (AND FINALLY GET RID OF THAT STUPID KNOB ON THE BACK OF HIS HEAD!!! it poked out the back of his paladin armor for crying out loud.)

i'd also like to see a longer game, one with more than 3 camps, and more story and game elements should depend on what camp you join.

those are the only real changes i feel are necessary. of course they could turn out a game that's exactly the same as the other two and i'd still be slobbering over it for years.

EDIT - almost forgot. i want to second the helmet visoring thing. why? because it looks cool! and i agree with Mrs. Mud. it was bad enough that you had to go through all that rigamarole to find the swamp witch in the remains of the brotherhood camp, but Nellik's Sword was nigh unto impossible! i had to search for days...
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:33 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

i'm beginning to get tired of those nellik jokes, they're all around the forums!!
how was it started anyway? i know its a bit off topic, so here are some brand new guild-ideas

-Main guilds: Fighters Guild, Mage Guild, Thief Guild
-sub-guilds: Royal Army, Mercenary's, Dragonhunters, Mages of Innos, Mages of Adanos, Pirates, Bandits, Rogues, Rangers

(it's a bit like Morrowind, but then again, those were MW's best part of the game)
Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:52 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by Bytespawn
i'm beginning to get tired of those nellik jokes, they're all around the forums!!
how was it started anyway?

Read 'Nellik' backwards. Those jokes were started by forum member Max Killen and the closely related Mud family.
Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:39 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

So, finally the truth has been revieled! for me, that is.
Post Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:42 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
I didn't kill those who had lost their guild tag (you'll notice at least one in the courtyard if you're observant enough, he'll even help you fight).

Would that be Skip? He didn't attack me, but he didn't help me fight either.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:30 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

More camps(old and new like Sect camp or join a Camp not so human like vampires and when the day falls in Gothic III your powers get higher.Like perment potions but only during the night.)
More armors(nuteral armors which you could where in any camp giuldless or not like the leather armor in Gothic II but stronger against weopons arrows....)
Underwater Combat
More monsters( under water monsters not video monsters like in Gothic II or amphibioums like lurkers)
Post Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:09 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

uhhhh... i supose you mean the large passive fishes with "video creatures" but i suppose we could add some south-american creatures from Monte Video as wel
Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:13 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by MageofFire
Would that be Skip? He didn't attack me, but he didn't help me fight either.

(GI spoiler ahead)
Spoiler:
Right, it was Skip who lost his guild tag, and when I ventured into the smithy with my whole entourage of enemies, he actually did help me... the only thing you need to do to ensure he'll help is keep your weapon holstered while entering the shop. Your enemies won't keep their weapons holstered for sure, and he'll charge them... *then* you can draw your weapon .
Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:55 am
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

i did not skip skip.
He's pretty much dead
the only one who isn't dead is the stoned guy
Spoiler:
i am so funny

Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:37 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

quote:
uhhhh... i supose you mean the large passive fishes with "video creatures" but i suppose we could add some south-american creatures from Monte Video as wel

fishes lol ..they looked like underwater bigger dragon snappers...
fishes..!!!!????? that is to be history in observation!!!! lmao
Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:38 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

quote:
Originally posted by balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
quote:

fishes lol ..they looked like underwater bigger dragon snappers...
fishes..!!!!????? that is to be history in observation!!!! lmao

OK try this to watch them better.
try to swim far enough from the paladins ship and then the video where those creatures kills you play...
Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:41 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Ummm. . I can't read the spoiler. How do I enable that?

Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:53 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You need to highlight it with the mouse.
Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:07 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Thank you. I'll remember that tip.

Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:35 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next