I hate Trynton!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I hate Trynton!!!

I have just spent the last hour looking for the Shaman so I can give himthe idol, and I cannot find the so-called sixth bough. So far the only thing I dislike about this game is the deliverately confusing way Trynton is set up. It's fun to wander around the first time, mildly amusing the second, and downright annoying after that.

Where is the sixth bough, and the shaman?
Post Tue May 24, 2005 3:52 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

You'll find the 6th bough off the same path as the Rattkin. Instead of going "right" onto the Rattkin zone, you'll turn "left".

Remember that the Shaman told you to retrieve something before talking to him again. He won't be at the 6th bough until you have those things.

From the Rattkin zone, you can take one of the elevators to a small "balcony" that has a rope reel. Click on the reel and the rope will go down. You now have a way to go from ground level to the Rattkin without going thru that mini-maze.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue May 24, 2005 4:08 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

That's a horrible drag. I guess I need the "words", whatever they are. I can tell, you, there are some words I can think of. Too bad they aren't the right ones.

Where are the words? I've been through everything in the Bluff, all levels, including through the mines. Also I'm supposed to get some quests from the T'Rang, and the head T'Rang tells me it's time to give me my quest, but he never does.

Not fun. I really do hate Trynton. And now I have to do it all over again. It takes me forever to find anything.
Post Tue May 24, 2005 4:46 am
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

Check your journal to make sure that you do not already have "the words".

Spoiler:
If you do not have them, then you need to go back to the bluff. Make sure you take the exit that Dte described. It is much easier to get back up to the trees that way. In Lower Marten's Bluff, there is a tapestry up some stairs that is on your way to see Sadok. Get close enough to it and click on it.
Post Tue May 24, 2005 12:19 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I obviously have the words. But I cannot find the Shaman, after several hours of wandering around Trynton. This is driving me nuts. I can't stand having to walk all the way back to Trynton and then figuring out how to get back up, never mind looking for the Shaman AGAIN. I marked every single house and location on the Trynton map to make sure that I have been everywhere, and I have. So where is he, before I decide to slaughter them all?

Also, I cannot seem to get Zant to give me any of the T'Rang quests. He just keeps on saying that perhaps now would be a good time to talk about the mission, but no conversation topic triggers any missions.
Post Sat May 28, 2005 4:26 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

OK, let's advance to the major spoilage.

For Z'ant
Spoiler:
Try buying an Umpani flag from the Umpani merchant. Take that to Z'ant and see if that gets him rolling again.

For the Shaman
Spoiler:
You probably don't have the idol. In Upper Marten's Bluff, you should remember a room that shoots darts at you when you walk thru. Near there (don't remember exactly where, but within a few steps) is a room with a lever. Pull the lever and you'll hear some distant grinding of doors opening up. Go back to the Rapax Smasher and turn around. There are now two narrow corridors open. One has generic loot plus a good bard instrument. The other has Marten's Idol. Take said idol. Following a complication which you can resolve, take that idol up to the 6th bough and put it on the little riser that has the "something specific is required here" message. Say hello to the Shaman.

Post Sat May 28, 2005 1:47 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I have the idol, though. My journal tells me that I have to go back and meet the Shaman on the Sixth Bough. I spent a lot of time on the Sixth Bough, but never found the Shaman.
Post Sat May 28, 2005 7:10 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

OK. Goto the hollowed out tree that leads to the bridge you fixed to get to Rattkin. There's a second exit. Take that one. You'll see several "houses" ahead. The first one you come to has little ponds in front of the door. You won't be able to open the door. In front of the door is a little "pedestal". Click on that and it will give you the "something specific..." message. Pick the idol out of your inventory and click it on the pedestal. It will sink in and the door will open. Behind the door will be Shaman Das with a couple friends. Talk.
Post Sat May 28, 2005 7:57 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Oh drat. I did that ages ago, and then backed out thinking that wasn't the Shaman. Oh well, I have lots more experience now. My monk just killed a Hogar that had 587 hit points with two blows.
Post Sat May 28, 2005 8:16 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

It's the journey that matters, moreso than the sites you see along the way.
Post Sat May 28, 2005 9:09 pm
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

A few things on Zant: Did you know that you can type words on the right? Also, you can double-click a word in the conversation.
Spoiler:
When Zant says he wants to talk about the mission, talk to him about the mission. Either double-click the word mission, or type it in the box on the right.
Post Sun May 29, 2005 11:05 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Yes, I just remembered about clicking on words in the conversations and adding them to the conversation list.

Also, I just remembered about casting charm on merchants. I just sold goods to the Rapax in Arnika for about 150,000. Mind you, that included the staff that can only be used by the Ninja Faerie. Now I know why everyone talks about the N.F. It might almost be worth trying one of those, just to use the staff....couldn't be any more useless than my Dracon Lord, who still can't hit anything, at level 16. Even my Priest has better luck with a weapon! Never mind, my Monk makes up for that.
Post Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:27 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Lords are difficult to develop properly. They have the potential to be total beasts, but often they seem to fall short.

Monks are probably my favorite class. Multiple attacks, minimal equipment, solid defense, lots of criticals. Gotta love it.
Post Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:36 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

So what makes a good Lord? Mine hits about once in ten swings. At least he does do some damage when he actually hits. And at least he can cast some good spells - he's becoming quite useful in that respect. I'm trying to up the quotient on his dual wielding, but I have a feeling that I'm not increasing some other stat that needs to be higher.
Post Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:54 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

As much as I'd like to impart deep wisdom of my own, I think there's a better summary of the lord class to be found here.
Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:43 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next