Strength training
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

Strength training

Who can give me more strength before I join any guild? I want to get as many of these side quests done as possible before I join a guild, but I need more strength to do that!
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:05 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Again, refer to the spoiler thread at WorldOfGothic.de forums. It'll give you exact answer.

If you don't bother to translate the foreign language, here is what I found: there are two smithes who can raise your strength before you join any guild. They are:

Harad: up to 50, [Requirements: become his apprentice]
Carl: up to 30, [Requirements: 30 gold / Innos Statue for Edna]

At Onar's farm, Torlof and teach you strength:

Torlof: up to 90, [Requirements: no guild, merc, dragon hunter]

There are other non-guild-specific strength trainers. They're beyond Chapter 1, so that's out of question.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:39 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Before joining guild I was able to train my strenght with Torlof on Onar`s Farm (he can train You up to 90). In every dialog with persons form Gothic1 I was choosing "I know you" options and I`ve done all possible quests for Mercenaries before joining city guard. I don`t know if it was a bug in my Polish version or maybe something else but of course after joining guards Torlof had no desire to teach me anymore. In town, after becoming his student/pupil, Harald the blacksmith can teach You (I never had patience to find his limit) and Carl (blacksmith in docks) but only up to 30. I hope it helped.
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:42 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I was training with Carl before I had a chance to find Innos statue for Edna.
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:44 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

I need help really fast: I'm a militia and they say I can train at the blacksmith in the barracks but I cant I only get the option "END" I think it because I asked him to train me before I was an member, plz help me maby some NPC reset cheat or what??

Gothic II Credits
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:45 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Have the same as You Freakie. Furthermore in Old Castle in the Mines Area there is guy called Brutha who was suppose to teach strenght. When I had first conversation with him there was dialog option about teaching. Of course not for free. So I did something for him (hard to remember what exactly but something small - maybe only paid) and after some small talk I received Exp and there was no "teach me" option. If you are a fresh city guard then maybe try load right from before joining and go to Torlof (worked for me). If not then become paladin (in chapter three after solving quest of Bennet`s innocence) nad Ingmar will teach You up to 90. Btw. Diego and Cassia can teach agility up to 100, who can teach strenght up to this point?
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:04 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by bora
Diego and Cassia can teach agility up to 100, who can teach strenght up to this point?

I don't think anyone can teach you up to 100 strength until you reach Chapter 6 (Torlof)

Yea... I forgot to put Torlof in... :p
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:24 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Sorry for mistake. Cassia can teach agility only up to 90. Thanks for answer.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:19 pm