Usergroups
Gothic 2 (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Aldreth you hit it right on the head man. The first time I played the demo and ran into someone's hut and the reaction to everyone around ...I was like "oh sh*t, these dudes are WATCHING me!!!"
And walking around town and watching this living world going on around me, whether I was there or not, going about their daily activities and such.
It totally left me drooling for the full version (the one I played for about a year straight in every single possible combo of classes and never got bored)
So when G2 came out, I was totally pleased that they didnt "improve" it to the point that it lost its magic. On the contrary, the same graphics engine (which I think works perfectly for an RPG - they should be about the story first and the looks second) same advanced AI...basically it was more of the same, which was exactly what I was looking for
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:40 am
seaman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic controls

I just finshed Gothic 2 and figure I need more, so I'm considering playing Gothic 1. I have the demo and can't set my 'use' button to my mouse. Is there some trick to this? I want the controls to resemble Gothic 2 as much as possible, in fact, I won't buy the game if I can't single-click to attack, pick-up stuff, etc.
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:32 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

you wont be buying Gothic 1 then...PB made a quantum leap when they redid the controls in gothic 2. G1s controls were horrific and all keyboard based ( arrow keys,etc for UI manipulataion). Will be very hard for someone who played g2 first to play G1, I manged through G1 cause I loved the story so much, the controls wouldnt stop me
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:05 pm
seaman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Controls

I don't know if I made a change or not to the controls, but I am able to pickup/attack something by holding the left mouse button and pushing the forward key. I swear this didn't work before, but I can't be certain. I'm still debating buying the game though. I sure wish I had bought G1 before G2, as G1 will undoubtably pale in comparision.
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:50 pm
CNT-Dukoome
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ive seen some good posts but mw graphics bad have a look at youre pc also the gothic live world is overrated its real basic and in gothic is to linear and morrowind is cool in that you can tottlay fuck the story but one comment on both houres on the main story mw solved this with many subquest but gothic sigh nothing
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:05 pm
CNT-Dukoome
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

gothic and morrowind bot subrp games both 1°/1°
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:09 pm

Piff.... Hell with this game... if they wont put out english patches... them germans are racist... jeez...>.<
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:16 pm

Garrett

next time please first use your brain or what's left of it before writing such bs
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:20 pm
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Piff.... Hell with this game... if they wont put out english patches... them germans are racist... jeez...>.<

Were you makeing a joke?
If so you didnt make me laugh.
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:44 pm
Warcrafter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I haven't played either yet but I plan on getting both next month. I hope they live up to what I have seen and heard about them so far. (ps: i'm buying both together because i can get them for much cheaper as a package deal )
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:45 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The 2nd is easier to get into.
Donīt hesitate to ask in the forums if you have issues with the controls.
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:40 pm
Aram
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Did it seem to anyone else that Gothic 2 was missing something? It was still one of my favorite games but I think it lacked something the first one had, I just cant place what it was. I think it was somewhere in the mood of the game, the original seemed more mysterious and darker for some reason.

Both great games, I don’t think there is too much more than can be done to improve them.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:59 pm

It was a bit absurd to call the Germans racist because of the lack of English patch. However, this is one of the buggier games I've played in a long time. Even worse than TOEE. Save game bugs, crashes, enormous memory requirements, and much, much, more. Until they release an English patch, I will never buy another Piranha or JoWood game. Such a potentially great game, but it really reduces the fun quotient when your system (and mine is AlienWare-quality beefy) constantly crashes. From great investment to waste of money.
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:10 pm

I've been trying to get my hands on an legal version of gothic 2, english version. Now I've check out the company the official gothic page send you to, to buy the game, which is gogamers or something like that. But that company only ships to USA and Canada.

I've played the game before, but I don't own a copy of it myself. Where the **** can I get one? I've tried amazon.com amazon.co.uk, several other dutch companies but none of them have it! And Gothic 2 was release over half a year ago(something like that right?).

So where do I get this game? I'm quite willing to pay the 40-50euro for it, I love the game. But at this moment it's getting more and more easy just to download it from somebody.

Very very poor distrubution.....
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:07 pm

Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Well dont know if anyone looks at this anymore but gothic2 has been out for quite a long time in both germany and us now and it is the [url][img][list=]
    code:
    [spoiler][u][i][b]BOMB[/b][/i][/u]![/spoiler]

[/list][/img][/url] it was just great and it realy does feel like your in a real world beacuse in morrowind all that u see people do is walk on a basicly predefined 2 point patrol and u end up memorising everones exact routine and it gets anoying but in gothic and gothic2 although the routines dont change for the most part it actualy seems like what the npcs are doing actualy relates to the world that we are in and the graphics arnt anything to go crazy about but the overall gameplay is GRRRREAT!
Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:05 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next