Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic 3 Facts and discussion thread (06/04/04)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Does this post need to become sticky?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author Thread
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

ActuallyI think they should made it a little harder, The late chapters are fn slaying but a bit to easy
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:43 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well Sem has a point in it cos indeed many ppl just like it easy and as we heard gothic 3 will have difficulty levels so we can play it with hard and some ppl who like the games like " go go and finish the game" with easy level
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:27 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I also agree with you titus, about the last two chapters. They should make those harder without making the first chapters harder. Maybe by adding new monster in the last chapters, that aren't in the previous chapters. Or that you go to a different area for the last chapters, that are much harder. In gothic 2 you go to a different area, but there are only more orcs, it's not really harder.
It's pretty strange that the game is hard in the beginning and then become easier as you progress.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:33 am
GothicGothicness
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

hard

I don't think I agree with this... this is how I see it the game is hard in the beginning because you're weak, and it's very realistic. It'd not be fun if you could kill a shadowbeast just like that.

Towards the end of the game you're supposed to be like the strongest hero in the land... it'd feel rather stupid if a few orcs were able to bash your head in, at this time. As for adding new enemies, ofcourse it's possible but the orcs in the final chapter is also part of the story I mean it's like a base for them there...

It'd be a better idea to add some hardcore optional dungeons instead, with alot of goodies in them.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:50 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

Oke you are the strogest in the land, but you have to admit that the last 2 chapters are a bit too easy
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:52 am
GothicGothicness
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well...

Okay Okay, I give in, they were for me atleast... Especially that last battle it was a complete joke.... I was so shocked that it was the last one.

But remmember that there are many players who doesn't bother with alot of side-quest and so on, and without doing them it'll be extrmely hard to complete the game if the ending is hard for people who have... I mean you shouldn't be forced to do all the side-quests in order to complete the game, in that case there's no point with side-quests being side-quests.

I still think huge optional hard side-quests are the best solution though.

BTW how many times did I use the word side-quest in this post?

Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:09 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

6 times
I can't wait untill my examinations are over, than I am going to start g2 as a mage
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:39 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Free Translation of the PC Games interview

Some spoilers taken from the interview from PC Games

• To make sure the player won't get lost in the huge world of gothic 3 the land will be divided in several area's that are bordered by type of land/art. For example the mountain scenery of Nordmarr compared to the desert of the south. But you will still be able to move freely though these area's like in the predecessor.

• In the story the main thing will be that there's something cooking in divine spheres and a real adventurer will be able to play a significant part in the war between the three gods. Besides that there will be a real lively and detailed story with a maze of guests and side-quests.
    When the hero reaches the mainland the kingdom of King Rhobar 2 will be struck down, but the orcs seem to have different goals than just taking over the kingdom...

• The world of Gothic 3 will be more real. Not like in Khorinis that all kinds of landscapes were mixed together. The creators are more looking to the real world to create an even better and authentic world.

• The concept "Guild" will change. In gothic 2 and 1 the guilds were lije a red wire though the story. In G3 there will still be different fractions and a lot of quests in the interest for one another, but a possible option to choose a guild will be less drastic as in G2 and 1.

• About different endings(!): The movements and action of the player will be analysed by the engine, because of this very different ways of playing are possible. These will probably also lead to different endings, but a final decision isn't made yet.

• About difficulty:
    PCG asks: In a previous interview was said that the difficulty in G3 will be somewhat reduced. What can we imagine to see? Less monsters? Less free-movement? So that you can't walk into the difficult areas at a too low level.
    KaiRo: Less free-movement is not an option. To prevent players to walk into too hard areas we will need to come up with different solutions. While G2 was too easy and the addon so hard that even profi's had a hard time (I'm sure not everyone will agree with that), is there even on the field of game-balancing a lot to accomplish to create an extra-ordinary Game-feeling.

• Then there's something technical about the engine. DirectX 9 and higher (as soon as it's available). The newest Pixel-Shaders and so on, without letting to real Gothic feeling go away. They will keep it the sam style only much better.

• As we already know the hero will not be a total wimp. But that doesn't mean you'll start the same way as you finished G2. Some skills will be present and you will improve as the story goes. They don't want to give a lot of spoilers, that's for sure .

• The Fighting-system will change. The moves will be more realistic and the choreografy will be significantly improved. The "Enemy-focus" used in G2 will also change.

• About jobs: In the world of humans there will be several key role like: smiths, guards, bakers etc. who are taking care of the well-being of the rest of the people. You will be able to help most of the special npc's or in case some of them dies by some tragical reason, you will be able to take over his job.

• There will be new game-elements, but the developers are not trying to re-invent the wheel, so the basics will be the same. There will be several innovations that will give the Gothic-feeling a new impuls.

• The developers have collected a lot of ideas and feedback from fans after G2 and the addon and also have some points of criticism themselves about the predecessors. They will look at them and see how the can improve those things. For example: There were a lot of complaints about the large distances you had walk (even with the teleportrunes), despite the large areas in Gothic 3 this will be no longer the case (Is this a hint towards riding animals??).

• To end this translation:
    PCG: How far are you with the development of the game?
    KaiRo: Too far, to turn back, but not far enough to begin the final sprint.

More to come
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:59 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehe tnx for translating the article Sem many ppl will find out some useful info
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:45 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

This is worth mentioning

Very nice scoop from the interview with Mike Hoge:
Gothic 2 veterans will be able to convert their old hero from Gothic 2 into Gothic 3. It will lose a lot of it's power, though.
Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:31 am
CANADOL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have only one question: Will there bee mines in Gohic 3, like there were in Gothic 1?

Sorry, one more What with Trolls? I love them! I would like too hear that there will bee a Valley full of them!
Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:51 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by CANADOL
I have only one question: Will there bee mines in Gohic 3, like there were in Gothic 1?

Sorry, one more What with Trolls? I love them! I would like too hear that there will bee a Valley full of them!

What about a Troll army and you could become one of them
Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:12 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

When is the international release date? Is it the same as the German release date?
Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:00 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

No one knows. The German version is scheduled Q3 2005
Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:07 pm
CANADOL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Yamcha
quote:
Originally posted by CANADOL

What about a Troll army and you could become one of them

No... I prefer too kill them! Well i hope that they are going too bee more dificult in combat, than in G2! =)
Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:11 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next