Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Hail, I'm back... I have a few comments on G2..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hail, I'm back... I have a few comments on G2..

Just wanted to say hello to everybody, and comment on GII.

Comments:
Voices: Still good, but the fact that they changed the voices of several people really annoys me..

Graphics: As good as we knew it would be.

Gameplay: Great, the controlls are better than they used to be.

Story: Great, although I hate chapter 2. Simply the worst chapter in any Gothic game.

General: Excellent, it lives up to my expectations, but the running part of chapter 2 ruined a bit of the replayability. Also, I like to be able to run a bit free around, but this is nearly impossible in the first 3 chapters due to the fact that there are no "easy" areas like the ones in G1 - you can bump into orcs, shadowbeasts, or even worse no matter where you run.

Also, I have a simple question, where is Angar in the 5th chapter?

Well, it feels good to be back folks!
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:36 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: Hail, I'm back... I have a few comments on G2..

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
General: Excellent, it lives up to my expectations, but the running part of chapter 2 ruined a bit of the replayability. Also, I like to be able to run a bit free around, but this is nearly impossible in the first 3 chapters due to the fact that there are no "easy" areas like the ones in G1 - you can bump into orcs, shadowbeasts, or even worse no matter where you run.

You can run around freely. Too bad you have forgotten how itīs done!
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:19 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Re: Hail, I'm back... I have a few comments on G2..

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
quote:

You can run around freely. Too bad you have forgotten how itīs done!

What he means is you can't run around too freely right off the bat..or you will die. And I completely agree...there is no "Learning curve" or "newbie" area...the first mosters you encounter can kill you....and especially the orcs and such.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:15 am
D_Dog
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I don't think it's true...

If you stay on the roads, and not get away from the city so much, you will only encounter wolfs, bloodflies etc.
Orcs and such will only be found deep in the forest or in caves...
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:01 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

But that's just it - following the roads is rather boring, and running through chapter 2 due to orcs is boring as well..
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:26 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Why donīt you buy transformation spells?!?
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:52 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Angar is on Bengar`s Farm.

Of course right away You can`t kill every beast You encounter but I managed to kill everything possible in every chapter. I haven`t killed yet farmers, mercenaries or Khorinis citizens. But in chapter 5 I`m strongly occupied with thought of killing everybody in the old castle by myself and then granting Torlof his wish (orcs from nowhere and ALL mine). But with add-on coming who knows if this is such a good idea. Maybe someone knows if there is other way to deal with orcs. In chapter 2 I killed TheBigBadShaman and when in 4 I encountered old friend from Gothic 1 (orc shaman thet helped me there after saving his life) he asked me to help him get to his teacher - this BigBad. But I had to admitt that he is dead. So after meating my friend orc in the place where I killed his mentor we were no more friends. And when Paladin Oric (or PArsival) asks me to murder this BigBad I have option not to do it. So can I persuade Orcs to retreat or would it be possible in add-on. Somebody???
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:37 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you open the gate, a lot of orcs will pop up even though you've killed everything outside..

Isn't the black troll there in chapter 1? In that case, it isn't possible to kill everything in every chapter.

Also, I'm not saying I want to be able to go everywhere and kill everything, but being able to walk from one tree to the next in the Valley of Mines in chapter 2 would make the entire game a lot easier, and more replayable(I HATE it when I have to run away from an enemy).
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:31 am
tuv21
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Whatīs wrong with Chapter 2(why is it so bad)? I donīt have the game yet.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:28 am
D_Dog
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Actually, I only got to the castle

But so far the chapter looks very nice. I don't think that our should be able to take on Orcs right of the bat.
Running away doesn't spoil the game, it adds a lot of interest to it (not to mention a strong element of fear).
If you want to be so strong, buff out ur character, go do quests, kill random animals, earn a lot of money and train ur weapons skills.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:49 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I killed black troll in chapter 1. Of course as last or one of the last and with a little beat of unfair game. Just found the place where I could reach him with DragonsBane (not sure the name but this is the sword that levitates in a cave on the north between black troll and stone circle / twohanded 80 points of damage) and he could not (sometimes he had luck) - but believe me he tried. One more thing. Don`t sell his skin. Unless you are Bosper`s student (in that case the price for skin is nominal) you will have to buy it back for a quest in chapter 2 given by Mercenary Raoul.
Maybe You are right that sneaking could be fun. But I did a lot of that in the begining and I was very happy when I didn`t have anymore. But as ancient Romans used to say: we should not discuss tastes. The most important thing is that this game is great as not many before and probably few after and gives all of us great FUN.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:23 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Hi there, Maylander.
Controls: Actually I've used the controls from G I.
Chapter 2: What's so wrong with it? I mean, yeah almost every beast there can kill you easily but it was fun for me. I was doing everything [ and I had some really crazy ideas ] to get just a few meters further and then it seemed annoying but after leaving that chapter I was like "Wow, that was so cool, I'll have nice memories of this."
Edit: spelling...

Last edited by Krzychu on Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:19 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

The problem is, I hate reloading, and neither do I save much.. that's why the whole "try/fail"-method stinks in my opinion..

Been through the chapter twice now, and have to admit, the 2nd time around it wasn't that hard(you don't have to go the different mining camps, only directly to Diego and Marcos), and besides, I now know where there are beds for resting..
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:24 pm
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

What are you guys talking about? Chapter 2 is teh r0xx0r

I think I like the valley of the mines better than any other area in the game...
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:38 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

quote:
The problem is, I hate reloading, and neither do I save much.. that's why the whole "try/fail"-method stinks in my opinion..

First I didn't save much, but when a situation where I played a long time without saving and had to load and do everything again occured a few times I started to save at every important moment. [ which in my understanding of "important" there was... a lot! ]

What I liked very much in chapter 2 also was when you entered the valley for the first time. It's midnight when you arrive and you dont know what's waiting for you - I was using my bow all the time to see if something is there in the darkness. And all of a sudden - the cut-scene! Yes, now I am sure: Chapter 2 is a very good chapter in my opinion.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:25 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next