Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic 3 Facts and discussion thread (06/04/04)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Does this post need to become sticky?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author Thread
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup and if there will be any G4 then they probably first take a long vaication cos as u can see PB has worked very fast allready 3 games Gothic 1 , Gothic 2 and Gothic 2 addon + they now creating with a full speed Gothic 3 witch will be brand new everything. So i think after the third version they gonna take a vaication from pcs
Post Sat May 22, 2004 3:14 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Everything sounds great. But please tell me this (if possible)

Is there a chance it won't be translated to English? it would be HELL if i nessecarily must buy the german version GIII when it comes out (no offense to the germans) but i dislike that language to the fullest!!!!!!

Oh and are there any examples of what The Guild 2 engine can do? Any games in the working that uses the engine?

One more thing, i haven't been following much about Gothic news lately...what bad news is there about Night of the raven?

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Sun May 23, 2004 11:41 am
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

If the English version of Gothic 2 and (future) add-on, don't turn out to be profitable, then there is a big chance that Gothic 3 won't come out in English
Post Sun May 23, 2004 3:36 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by bigkabuto
Oh and are there any examples of what The Guild 2 engine can do? Any games in the working that uses the engine?

One more thing, i haven't been following much about Gothic news lately...what bad news is there about Night of the raven?

The Guild 2 will come out the same time as Gothic 3, there's no info about yet.

I wrote the first post sometime ago, at that time we just heard the bad news that the addon was on ice or would come at all. Now, things seem to be a little bit better although we still have no releasedate.
Post Sun May 23, 2004 3:54 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

It really would be a disaster if GIII won't be translated to english.

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Sun May 23, 2004 5:16 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by bigkabuto
It really would be a disaster if GIII won't be translated to english.

ehe o belive me it will be translated in english and it will be publisher for sure also somewhere in uk or us dont care much. 3 part is a bomb and it uses new engines and is builded pretty much from scratch and it is no addon. Ive seen before addons canceling but that the full game isnt that i havent seen, at least when they promised to release it
Post Sun May 23, 2004 8:39 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus

ehe o belive me it will be translated in english and it will be publisher for sure also somewhere in uk or us dont care much. 3 part is a bomb and it uses new engines and is builded pretty much from scratch and it is no addon. Ive seen before addons canceling but that the full game isnt that i havent seen, at least when they promised to release it

I really hope that you're right, but that's just speculation.
Post Mon May 24, 2004 9:11 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I'm pretty much sure it will be released in English, it will probably take some more time to get it, like with G2 and now the addon
Post Mon May 24, 2004 6:35 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well lets wait at least one year guys then we can talk about if it will be relased the same time as german version or with a lil delay
Post Mon May 24, 2004 8:56 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I put the link to the newly released interview about the engine in the first topic. I hope you know German, because I don't fancy to translate it because it's only about the hardware, so no real spoilers.
Post Tue May 25, 2004 5:01 pm
QreepyBORIS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, Gorn's Best Mate has a point. The release date (In Germany, no less) is in Q3 2005. Thats... 5Q's away. Damn, I'll be OLD by then.

So, yes, it is too early to make any assumptions. Particularly the assumption that it will be released in Q3 2005. I think we ALL know about release date ambiguousity, no matter where we are from. Knowing how long things take (making an uber engine, for one!), it could be even a year afterwards. For the GERMAN release. Yeah, in late 2006.

Examples? Here: Doom. Its taken them uh...7 or so years to make the new Doom. Something ridiculous like that. It's not done, and they have been promising it for a LONG time. Another? Half Life 2. November 2003, my pasty white ass! It could be another half a year or more before it's released. Stupid delays.

So, no assumptions. Except perhaps that it will be pushed back. =/

Oh, and when I said scaled map, I wasnt talking about the Pyramid to troll ratio....

On one (or more, I havent looked again), there was a bar that said 10 km on it. I didnt know if each of the white and black sections were 10 km, or the whole bar thing. Either way, it seems a little uh...odd. If the whole thing were 10 km, then the lands would be small. If each little bar were 10 km, the lands would be HUGE. That was what I was talking abouit. Sorry, I dont always type what I mean to the first time around, heh. It always comes out a little garbled.

Well, I really hope it comes out in English. With a bigger budget, and more advertising, mind you!
I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER!I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER!
Post Thu May 27, 2004 1:38 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

why look doom 3 just look at Duke Nukem Forever and te status of it is still When Its done 11 years of deverlopment allready
Post Thu May 27, 2004 1:32 pm
Kapchris
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i only want to see horses on g3 because its the only thing we haven seen till know!
oh i want shields too man thats great
Post Thu May 27, 2004 1:44 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by QreepyBORIS
So, yes, it is too early to make any assumptions. Particularly the assumption that it will be released in Q3 2005. I think we ALL know about release date ambiguousity, no matter where we are from. Knowing how long things take (making an uber engine, for one!), it could be even a year afterwards. For the GERMAN release. Yeah, in late 2006.

But that date is given to us by the developers. It's their objective to have it finished Q3 2005. So it's the best we have. Of course it's just a rough date but it is their target, so to say. So if no major problems occur, they will probably have it ready (in german) by that time.

About the horses and shields: We all want that Well at least shields. I don't mind walking through the lands. With some nice teleport runes, of course. But yeah it would certainly cool to have an animal to ride (that is if the animations are properly done).
Post Thu May 27, 2004 4:22 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I would like to ride Wargs
Post Thu May 27, 2004 6:52 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next