Cheat doesn't work: am I an idiot?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Pusanite
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Cheat doesn't work: am I an idiot?

Betcha someone follows up in the next 24 hours and shows me I'm an idiot...

At the start of the game, I picked up a bone and attempted to whack the chair with it 10 times. All I got was a broken bone after 2 or 3 hits.

So what am I doing wrong that the bone doesn't survive to 10 strikes?
Post Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:00 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I don't know the cheat, but what if you use the bone 10 times on the chair? That much bone will last.
Post Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:27 pm
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

you don't whack the chair with the bone, you double click it and use it on the chair.
Post Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:15 pm
Adam
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

LOL Yep, idiot.

Only kidding...
Post Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:23 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

The Bone and the chair

I know this is months later but............
I must be an idiot too coz I don't understand what's meant either.
How do you mean 'use' it on the chair? Use it to do what? And 'use' what by double clicking on what - the chair or the bone?
It's really difficult when you first begin a game, you're trying to figure out how things work, what key does what on the screen, terminology and how to interact with your surroundings. The directions that come up on screen don't stay long enough to write down, yet alone figure them out.
Anyway, I STILL don't understand 'using' the bone on the chair.
Post Sat May 17, 2003 6:05 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Using the Bone

When you Use an item you point to it with mouse and then hit "F" key or Enter. When you use an item on something else it might be done in more than one way. Weapons must be eguiped ( in your hand) and then you use it on the target. In the controls you can select auto ready for the weapon so that is is ready for use all the time unless you have put it away to shop or eat or cast spells. Hit the TAB key to draw your weapon. If you pick up a weapon and have it in inventory just open your log book to show you, then put the weapon you want to start using into your hand. When you hold down the Left mouse button before you hit, it makes the strike harder. Play with the right and left mouse keys to see the difference between using an object by moving it, or hitting something. It just takes practice. Thoses messages you saw on the screen are recorded for you in your log book. The book has three parts if I remember right. Just open it by double clicking it on the screen and then open the parts inside. I hope this helps. If you really get frustrated, go the the main Site Screen and download the PDF file under support. It is a detailed walkthrough and very helpful.
Mark Twain
Post Sat May 17, 2003 9:05 pm
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Cheats

Thanx for that. Very informative.
I figured out what was meant by 'use' eventually, it's actually 'combine'.
Trouble is I got armour I can't use and have to lug about, a brown bag (doesn't seem to be able to be opened) that takes up Inv squares and two strange looking green canisters (on a white background that fills up the Inv square) and what looks like the garbage bin icon (also on a white background), I have no idea what these are as no descrption comes up when I mouse over them. When I take them out of the Inv they look like red dufflebags - still no mouse-over description.
Post Sun May 18, 2003 6:18 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Cheats

I only tried the bone cheat once and never finished with it because of it crashing every time I tried to use the stuff it put in my inventory. What you describe sounds just like the stuff I had after the bone cheat. Maybe someone else can tell you what it is. I never tried to get the cheat to work after it kept crashing. Good luck.
Mark Twain
Post Tue May 20, 2003 4:17 am
Adam
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Sorry but I do sometimes like to gloat how people get mixed up between use (F) and the Double-Click use.

So. ha.
Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:33 pm