Gauntlet (PC): Seven Sorrows - PC Version Cancelled - News @
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Kristophe
Obi-Wan Kermobi
Obi-Wan Kermobi

Gauntlet (PC): Seven Sorrows - PC Version Cancelled - News @

This just in from Blues News re the <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com/" target="_blank">cancellation</a> of the PC version only of Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows... <br> <br><blockquote><em>The PC version of Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows has been cancelled. Word that the PC edition of the RPG remake is off the schedule comes from Midway in response to queries from 3D Gamers based on changes to their release schedule. No reasons for the decision are provided, though it seems safe to say this is related to recent revelations of the departures of John Romero (story) and J.E. Sawyer (story) from Midway, as both were involved in this project. The console versions are said to still be on track, Midway says that the PS2 and Xbox editions will be released this winter. </em></blockquote>
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:11 pm
Garrett

actually, a pc version was never officially announced...and now that midway fired the whole team, the title is not half as attractive as before *shrugs*
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:12 pm

that had to be a seriously scrwed up development team to get canned like that, gotta figure it (pc side) would have been a significant income source from the game, too bad, as i was looking forward to it, but i'm not about to get a stupid console just to play it.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:14 pm

Mystery_Guy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Now it makes sense...that's why they both left. And here I thought it was because of Romero's attitude.

Bravo guys! If they don't want to support the PC, I say screw them.

*claps*
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:40 am
Lucky Day

I'm pretty sure JE Sawyer left voluntarily. He's now a Head Designer on NWN2 and working for Oblivion.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:04 am

Mystery_Guy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

As am I. I just believe that he "voluntarily left" because of their lack of support for the PC. If you know him, you know he is an ardent supporter of PC RPG'ing.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:30 am
Shevek

I doubt JE left due to some ideological crusade to preserve the honor of PC gaming. My bet is that he wasnt getting treated particularly well by his publisher. They may have made inordinate demands on his time or somesuch. Instead of getting a raw deal, he could work with some people he knew and with games he knew a bit more about developing.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:55 pm