Usergroups
Incredibly Stupid Planescape: Torment Question
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Zombra
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I loaned this game to a friend of mine and he called me up to say he couldn't figure out how to open up a locked door using a key. He said he'd tried 'everything he could think of', and he's a pretty smart guy (usually, anyway). I don't really feel like turning my apartment upside down looking for the manual. He's still stuck in like the first room of the game, holding a key, looking at a locked door, unable to open it.

If someone could give me the complete idiot's version on how to use items in that game (it's been years since I've played it), my friend and I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance
Wonder Z
Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:50 am
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

Locked doors open automatically if you have the key, no action is required. Dunno which door you are talking about. But I have a complete walkthrough on my site The Locus Inn

...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:13 am
wolfgard
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, it's opened automatically, just click on the door and it'll open if you have the right thing. Btw, where's your friend stuck now? If he's in the mausoleum, I think he's supposed to get the key from one of the zombie workers. And there's a very good walkthrough, text only, by Dan Simpson in 'www.gamefaqs.com'.
Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:39 am
Devil in Disquise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If I remember correctly, there are a lot of keys in the game. You do have to have the correct one to open a door. Just having a key doesn't mean anything

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:40 pm