FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Diablo (PC, Single- & Multi-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Craven Magic

woot! Awsome for an older game, Knowledge is power baby!!!

Yeah deffinetly an awsome game, Blizzard does some good games, and yes Diablo II is better, but you can't doup in D2 while you can in Diablo. Wizards rule..end out....
Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:04 pm

Wastelander
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I prefered the first one

The second Diablo had some rather astounding FMV's and an innovative (for a hack-and-slash game) skill tree. However it is very static after a while as you suddenly realize that everything is the same. your just going around killing stuff to get stronger. I prefered the first one over the second for a few reasons. It wasn't so large as to become tedious (I hate the deserts in the second Diablo so much I cannot describe it) and it had a lot more loot in terms of spells. That is to say where in Diablo 2 you would just wander around slaughtering hundreds, or even thousands in the later levels, of mobs of strikingly stupid monsters that just stand still and let you hit them to death the first one seemed in an odd way to have more interesting monsters in terms of their tactics. In Diablo they would run on occasion sometimes leading you to newer threats, they just don't seem to do that in the second one. And another thing I enjoyed about the first diablo was the spell system. Instead of slaying 2 million things because you wanted a powerful spell you instead needed to quest for an elusive spell book, which has a more adventurous feel to it then just placing a rank in some spell when you get to a high enough level. That's just my opinion and I doubt most would agree with me on it, but there it is.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:06 am
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Re: Diablo (PC, Single- & Multi-Player RPG)

I dont like this game because the craphics are very bad
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:51 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Killer games...both 1&2. Actually I still play them now 6 years after release. I replay 1&2 yearly. Still play online with my friends. The games have INFINITE replayablility. I still remember the first time I fired up Diablo back in 97 on my Cyrix 166mhz using a 14.4 modem that was magic! The only game I have ever found that I like even more is Morrowind with both of it's expansions.

For consoles Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1&2 are great Diablo ripoffs. Champions of Norrath for PS2 has potential because of it's random levels. But, I played the demo today and thought it was lame(probably the Everquest locals and chars that I hate) but it will still be given a shot by me when the full retail version hits shelves!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:47 am

diablo 2 has a crappy singleplayer save system though, unlike diablo 1 where you can save and load anywhere
Post Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:34 pm

InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
diablo 2 has a crappy singleplayer save system though, unlike diablo 1 where you can save and load anywhere

sorry, that was me.. i keep getting logged out for some reason.
Post Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:38 pm
zuman
Village Leader
Village Leader

Re: Diablo (PC, Single- & Multi-Player RPG)

quote:
Originally posted by RPGDot Admin
Diablo invites you to enter a world of dark gothic fantasy. Play as a brave Warrior, cunning Rogue or mysterious Sorcerer.

An unknown force of evil has swept across the land. Plunging it into civil war and terrorizing the populace. A mad king, his missing son, and a mysterious archbishop are all pieces to the puzzle that faces you. You have journeyed to the source of the evil. The town of tristram, now inhabited by only a handful of survivors. The cathedral here is built over the ruins of an ancient monastery, and now eerie lights and sounds are heard echoing through its abandoned halls.<br><br>Show more about this game
plyed d2 L.O.D. for three years off and on.I play in asia,us and europe.I also play single.The depth of play doesn't compare to marrowind and it's exp. or even devine divinity.It doesn't come close to gothic2.Still I love playing it at times.If blizzard came out with d3 I am in line to buy it.
Post Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:45 am