Usergroups
TomTom, what if we ask you about G2?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
bleedingrose
City Guard
City Guard

Oh yeah, another thing: what about different types of armor?? I mean, gauntlets, helmets, shin guards, neck guards, etc...instead of just a suit?

Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 9:21 pm
Krycek
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

TomTom thanks for the answers,but you said that are already patches,I have the english version of Gothic 1.08j and the crashing problem is still there,I found another patch 1.08 k but this one is fixing some problems with the videocard(I guess),neither of them is fixing the problem with crashing.
PB will release other patches(besides this ones) for Gothic 1 and really solve the problem with crashing??

Post Thu Mar 28, 2002 12:15 am
TomTom
GOTHIC Speaker
GOTHIC Speaker

quote:

On 2002-03-27 13:18, Jaz wrote:
Will there be arena fights in Gothic 2?
If not, I can arrange a few ...

I bet you can...

TomTom

Post Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:38 pm
TomTom
GOTHIC Speaker
GOTHIC Speaker

quote:

On 2002-03-27 13:28, bleedingrose wrote:
TomTom: I think the VERY BEST thing you can do to Gothic II is add quick keys for potions and food!! It would be great if we could hit a button and drink that potion...

Good idea...we will discuss that...

TomTom

Post Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:44 pm
TomTom
GOTHIC Speaker
GOTHIC Speaker

quote:

On 2002-03-27 13:58, Mr. Mud wrote:
If I'm going to appear in Gothic II, then I would appreciate a better role than the one I had in the first Gothic. I have to run from everyone. They all want to beat me up. And that animal-sex thing; that's not even fun, well, unless it's real dark. Maybe if I had a weapon, like the infamous Dum's Sword or something.

Thoust will regret your deeds...

TomTom

Post Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:45 pm
TomTom
GOTHIC Speaker
GOTHIC Speaker

quote:

On 2002-03-27 15:04, Major Malfunkshin wrote:
TomTom, everyone's addressing the greatest of issues. And all of my questions but one have been answered without my having to speak up. Gothic has great potential for being my favorite game franchise of all time. But there's one thing that I'd really love to see. MULTIPLAYER. Even if it's just like Diablo II's Battlenet, it'd be beautiful. Start a game, and be able to have up to 20 or so (even less) people play along with you. Party up with them to defeat the game, or set up duels to see who's character is better. All in all, Gothic has already impressed me to the extent that I'm telling all of my friends to buy it, and I'm certainly in for Gothic 2, but I hope and pray for multiplayer, if not in Gothic 2, maybe in a special Gothic Multiplayer title release. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Hmmmm...I know this wish very well.
GOTHIC was planned to have a multiplayer in it...we already had a simple deathmatch functionality in it...5 guys hitting and shooting at each other...but it was too hard to get it stable...there would have been to much time necesary to make it run properly...no way at the moment...sorry about that!

TomTom

Post Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:49 pm
TomTom
GOTHIC Speaker
GOTHIC Speaker

quote:

On 2002-03-27 18:15, Krycek wrote:
TomTom thanks for the answers,but you said that are already patches,I have the english version of Gothic 1.08j and the crashing problem is still there,I found another patch 1.08 k but this one is fixing some problems with the videocard(I guess),neither of them is fixing the problem with crashing.
PB will release other patches(besides this ones) for Gothic 1 and really solve the problem with crashing??

Just write me an eMail with the exact problem...

TomTom

Post Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:51 pm
TomTom
GOTHIC Speaker
GOTHIC Speaker

quote:

On 2002-03-27 15:21, bleedingrose wrote:
Oh yeah, another thing: what about different types of armor?? I mean, gauntlets, helmets, shin guards, neck guards, etc...instead of just a suit?

Soory, no way...too many mesh problems...

TomTom

Post Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:51 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:

On 2002-03-28 10:38, TomTom wrote:
I bet you can...

TomTom

Hmmmm... I take it this means that there are no arena fights in G2.

Post Thu Mar 28, 2002 7:03 pm
LexXx
He who has no title
He who has no title

quote:

On 2002-03-28 13:03, Jaz wrote:
quote:

On 2002-03-28 10:38, TomTom wrote:
I bet you can...

TomTom

Hmmmm... I take it this means that there are no arena fights in G2.

@ Jaz: I think he means that Jaz.. But I would like to see an arena-fight though...
@ TomTom: Do you make an arena in Gothic 2? Please dot it and organise some fights between more then 3 fighters...! I think most people on the forums would like it. I think I'm sure about that!
Post Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:28 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

I would like that. Like a competition between guilds and so on.
Post Fri Mar 29, 2002 8:32 am
LexXx
He who has no title
He who has no title

Jepz, and make an huge arena with lots of rooms with fighters outn of a camp. It would be really nice. And it would be nice if you could challenge anybody in the arena so people come to look at your fight...
Post Fri Mar 29, 2002 6:11 pm
LexXx
He who has no title
He who has no title

@ TomTom and the others: (TomTom, view my 2 posts above this one pleaz)
And lots of more people with a name (more NPC's) who ask you for something. And more small places/huts/people between the camps. I think these 2 things would be great if they put it into Gothic 2!
Post Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:19 pm
Anonymouse

Suggestion for Gothic II

Tom Tom, thanks for taking the time to read/discuss with the players.

A suggestion for Gothic 2. Would it be possible to loot the armour off your fallen foes, it was frustrating to kill off an enemy only to find he kept his armour when killed.

Thanks.
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 11:34 am

Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

too many mesh problems with mutliple armor slots? , well a few things i know i would like for sure, one of them would be the possibility to dual wield single handed weapons, or mabye a shield... i think it would also be cool if the monsters spawned on a time scale instead of just every few chapters.. like say every day or 2 the monsters would all respawn, it would also be neat to be able to ride horses or a sort of animal *molerat *, and what if when you get promoted in a guild, you are assigned normal jobs (if you want) such as in SC, they have guys mashing weed, and templars guarding the city, and the guys workin in the alchemy labs, i would like to be able to just sit down and mash some weed and get payed some ore for it, instead of always having to be the "special" templar that gets all the neato hard-as-hell tasks to do, and another thing could be mercinarys (not the NC mercs, but the mercs from diablo 2) and incase you havent played diablo 2, in the expansion pack you are able to hire a mercinary who you can put equipment on and whatnot and they travel with you and level up with you, id like nothing more than to have a templar by my side when fighting orcs, and the last thing that comes to mind for me is customization, whereas i could choose my posture and look, and i could change my look to look like the rest of my camp when i join that camp, like with SC id shave and lose the black shirt and the ugly brown pants to sort of "fit in". oh yeah, one more thing, it would be nice if the shopkeepers would restock ore-weapons-armor-all of the nifty little tidbits like once a week instead of every chapter, dont get me wrong, gothic is a great game, but its still designed where you HAVE to do quests in order to have monsters respawn and shops restock and whatnot, i want a game where i can just lay back and just go hunting with my merc for 4 days then come back and do a quest, then mabye set off to explore higher lvl dungeons than what i have been in. OHH just ONE more thing, full scale war, ever played halo for the xbox? well if you havent, halo is some futuristic combat game where there is a continuing war going on, like randomly the aliens will send 50 units to attack a base your at and all of your units willgo out to fight, and your just another person in the fight, not nececeraly a hero (unless you want to be) i think it would be cool to have the camps keep sending loads and loads of soldiers out onto the field to fight each other and later on you could go out and just see tons and tons of corpses and a few of the remaining injured soldiers limping home
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 11:53 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next