Missing Mage in Balmora Guild hall
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
memnoch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Missing Mage in Balmora Guild hall

After deciding to ignore the Blades quest line for a while I concentrated on the Mage quests. I eventually finished them and became Arch-Mage. Then I remembered that I had a quest to do for Caius Cosades for the blades. It involved going to a half orc called Sharn gra-muzgrob. The problem is she isn't there anymore. I had noticed this a while back before I became arch-mage and had a nagging doubt that I had seen her name before. It now appears that I cannot continue with the main plot line. Why has she disappeared? Have I missed something and for plot reasons she has been taken elsewhere, perhaps by the temple people she was afraid of? Or has she simply disappeared into the void because of a bug. If so I have spent quite a lot of time on this character and will be pissed off if I have to restart. Thanks for your help in either event.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:26 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

That's pretty odd, normally it will tell you when you have screwed up the main plot. Hrm Have you tried resting passing some days and looking again or looking around the town?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:29 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I did a little reading an the only things I can come up with are > I recall that person asking me to get Andranos Skull from his tomb..then she gives you papers to give to Caius. My question is did you get this skull by chance before the quest and throw it out..or did you maybe get the papers from her already and throw them out??

If all else fails you can load the TES editor and place the papers in the world..get them and give them to Caius..you wont get Muzgrobs reward but you will complete Caius's quest. (If you need help doing that with TES I can show you)
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:34 am
Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

Re: Missing Mage

She is still there. Every npc has a pre-set schedule to wander.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:38 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Yeah that was the point in me saying to pass some time and move around then look again..

Let us know if it worked.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:56 am
gytonh

quote:
Originally posted by Shifter
Yeah that was the point in me saying to pass some time and move around then look again..

Let us know if it worked.

She is still there. Every npc has a pre-set schedule to wander.

That's my point though. I'm sure she disappeared some time ago. I just didn't pay much attention. I finished all the Mage quests to become Arch-Mage and she still isn't there. I am now on day 100 odd so I have waited long enough. I never spoke to her about anything other than Training or Trading, and I certainly didn't accept any quests from her. I haven't found any skulls on my travels either. I even type TWF at the console in case she had somehow gone into the void behind the walls but she just isn't in that cell. I tried creating a plug-in by deleting her and then adding her elsewhere in the building but that didn't work. Looks like I may have to give up on the quests she give and dump the scroll somewhere. Am I right in saying that once I have it and hand it to Caius I won't have to run with that plugin anymore, as long as his quest objective is met?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:32 am

memnoch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just tried what Shifter suggested and dropped the sharns notes object onto a nearby table. Took it too Caius and no dice. He still thinks I haven't spoken to Sharn, and he'd be right as there is no-one to speak to. I visited that tomb and sure enough there is a skull and an enchanted dagger. Trouble is as there is no-one to talk to about it the quest cannot progress. Why can't I add her back in with the editor. I have tried but for some reason it just doesn't work.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 4:08 am
Riggs

Fix for missing mage

open the console

type:

placeatpc "sharn gro-muzbog", 1, 1,10

I am not sure I spelled her name right. What this will do is spawn her in your location so you can talk to her. I think her not being in ther game is a common problem. Happened to me and this is how I fixed it. You may have to switch it around to this:

placeatpc "sharn gra-muzbog",1,10,1

can't remember exactly. but it DOES work
Post Tue May 07, 2002 4:13 am

Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

quote:
Why can't I add her back in with the editor. I have tried but for some reason it just doesn't work.

May be you have to delete her first, then add her back with the editor. Since she is just wandering, in theory, she is still a game object.

If you are a member of the mages guild and did the first quest, then do this quest, you will have this problem for sure.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 4:20 am
memnoch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Riggs:

type:

placeatpc "sharn gro-muzbog", 1, 1,10

Thanks a lot. You are the first person who mentioned something that looks like it might actually work. If it does there is a virtual pint heading your way.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 5:08 am

IT WORKED!! Thanks a lot riggs. What you typed didn't work for some reason. It said that it didn't like the direction. So I tried:

placeatpc "sharn gra-muzgob",1,1,1

and voilá she appeared. Let's hope the bitch stays put this time or I am going to butcher every Orc I find.

FX: Reaches for tablets.........
Post Tue May 07, 2002 5:13 am