Guild problem.. help plz..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

Guild problem.. help plz..

I need help but first i want to ask Gorath, Jaz and Guardians or any other member of rpgdot not to move this topic to another forum coz nobody will anwer to me in gothic 1 forums so plz...
i need to know if:

1. whan you are a marc (in the new camp) will you become a water mage later? or can you decide who to work for? (lares or lee) are these two diffrent things you can become?

2. if you join the swamp camp will you become a fighter loke cor angar and than a baal or mayb you can choose wich one you want to be (or a mage of the brotherhood or a fighter of the brotherhood...

3. what will you become after being a gurd in the old camp?

4. can you become a fire mage or a narcomancer? (like xaedas?)(if you pay 1000 or to get to the castle without being in any guild yet...

5. can you learn alchemy or blacksmithing or creating runes?

thx...
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:48 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

1. When you've been playing sometime as a Merc. you will be giving the chance to become a mage.

2. You can't become a baal, but both as a novice and a templar you can learn up to the 4th circle of magic.

3. You have to choose what you'll become: guard or mage. There isn't a class after guard.

4. If you are a mage you can switch to necromancer later on in the game.

5. No you can't, it's possible in Gothic II but not in Gothic I.

PS. Please post you questions in the write forum next time.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:23 pm
Sargon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

ad 1: When you join new camp, you can be water mage or mercenary. I didn't play as a mage, so I don't know what are you supposed to do to become water mage, but try to ask Cronos.
ad 2: It's the same than in the new camp (and also you can be a fire mage in the old camp). But I you want play as a mage, DON'T join sect camp, because you will never reach 5th circle of magic. You should join Old/New camp.
ad 3: Guard is the highest rank in the old camp (as a mercenary in NC or Templar in SC). You can only get a better armor or weapons in the later chapters.
ad 4. You cannot become a Necromancer but you can be Fire mage.
ad 5. Alchemy: NO, Create runes: NO (I think), Blacksmith: YES
Talk to Huno in the Old camp. He will tell you how to forge weapons. I think, it wont cost you any skill points.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:23 pm
Pikkon

Thx... you can be a lot more than i toght you can become...
if i join the new camp (only for exsampel) and become a water mage, will the quests be the same if i become a marc?
same thing with the old camp...

i have a problem... i want to join the new camp but i gave the list from the old mine to diego... i have no saves b4 giving i to him... can i still join the new camp?

thx again!
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:11 pm