Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic 2 for $15.00! I HATED Gothic 1 though. Should I buy?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
NPCMan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic 2 for $15.00! I HATED Gothic 1 though. Should I buy?

Yep. I found Gothic 2 NEW for only $15.00 at my local game store. I really wanna try it, but i dont want to waste $15.00. I think Gothic 1 was a horrible game. Mainly because of terrible dialogue and boring NPC's. Have these things changed enough in Gothic 2, that it's worth the risk?
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:44 am
dagamer667
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I liked G2 much more than G1. For 15 dollars, you should give it a go.
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:15 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

the dialogues were great and the NPC were everythingaccept boring. If you didn't like one, I should say you shouldn't buy G2. Same concept
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:44 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

You should buy it. Gothic I is just as good as GothicII maybe better. The dialogues aren't bad and the NPC not boring (except for Mud).
Gothic I is the first RPG I like well enough to buy. You just buy it to, you won't regret it.
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:57 am
Vival
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Don't buy it! If you hated Gothic, especially because of its dialogues, it's very likely you will hate Gothic 2 too.
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:22 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

if you hate gothic try morrwind ..
lots of people that hate gohic love morrowind for some reason
lots of weird people in there but the npcs are pretty boring not the same kind of night and day rutines as gothic and you have to read all of it *yawn*
but hey its a huge world map .. not so much details but theres alot of caves that look pretty much the same and are pretty useless
uh and theres the whole lag of story line..

and then when you've tryed morrowind you'll see how great gohic is and go beg the store to sell you gothic 2 and see how wong it is to hate something as beautiful as gothic

just buy the damn game mate i dont think theres anything whit better npcs and dialogs if there is its hard to find
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:57 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

I also didn't like morrowind, the people in Morrowind just walk arround doing nothing, the dialogues aren't spoken and the combat system is very irritating.

I like Gothic because the world feels so real, people are actualy doing something and you can also hear parts of conversations. This contributes greatly to the realness of the world and isn't seen in much other games.
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:15 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Donīt buy it. 1 out of 10 people hates the Gothic series. Seems that oneīs you.
G2 is very similar to Gothic. You wonīt like it.
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:56 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup Gothic 2 is almost like Gothic 1 only a little bit with improved textures and offcorse its larger etc but it runs on the same engine. if u didnt like gothic 1 then i dont think u will like G2
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:39 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Well not everybody like RPGs, some people just like first person shooters.
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:31 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Well if it is only for 15$ then take it.You will love it.
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:06 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

The question is if he has completed Gothic 1. It's different if you played the game for 1 hour or for 100 hours.
It's also true that Gothic 1 doesn't "look" all that impressive too, I mean, Khorinis is much more interesting and a better eye-candy than the good ol' VoM in Gothic 1, wich isn't so detailed and it's also more linear and there are a few more things.

It's imporant how much did you hate Gothic 1? what didn't you like about it? maybe that's different in Gothic 2 and you will love it.

But there are also people that don't like fantasy games and role playing games at all. well rpgs are my favourite game type, fantasy or not.

NPCMan didn't write anything more about him, if he plays frp games at all and WHY he didn't like Gothic. Terrible dialogue and boring npc's? huh that isn't telling me anything. I like the npcs as they are, and Gothic 2 is a great game. npc's and dialogue haven't changed much, except in the number of it. and that's a good thing, too. more npc's = more dialogue = more quests = more fun.

I think there was a Gothic 2 demo too. Why not give it a try before buying it?
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:45 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

btw Gothic 1 NPCs werent at all boring imo if u play it enough u can actually realize that Gothic 1 NPCs look even more alive than in G2 i mean u can see some templars travel from an old mine till theyr camp or diggers in the new camp who go to work at morning , at evening they go to the camp , eat and drink and after that sleep but some ppl are up till morning
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:11 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

quote:
Originally posted by NeoCodex
The question is if he has completed Gothic 1. It's different if you played the game for 1 hour or for 100 hours.
It's also true that Gothic 1 doesn't "look" all that impressive too, I mean, Khorinis is much more interesting and a better eye-candy than the good ol' VoM in Gothic 1, wich isn't so detailed and it's also more linear and there are a few more things.

It's imporant how much did you hate Gothic 1? what didn't you like about it? maybe that's different in Gothic 2 and you will love it.

But there are also people that don't like fantasy games and role playing games at all. well rpgs are my favourite game type, fantasy or not.

NPCMan didn't write anything more about him, if he plays frp games at all and WHY he didn't like Gothic. Terrible dialogue and boring npc's? huh that isn't telling me anything. I like the npcs as they are, and Gothic 2 is a great game. npc's and dialogue haven't changed much, except in the number of it. and that's a good thing, too. more npc's = more dialogue = more quests = more fun.

I think there was a Gothic 2 demo too. Why not give it a try before buying it?

Yeah if you had played it and finished it you will like it.I can remember the focus search with Gorn It was very good
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:11 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

quote:
Originally posted by patriot
Yeah if you had played it and finished it you will like it.I can remember the focus search with Gorn It was very good

if you start a game try to finish it (unless it's extreamly boering) if you think Gothic is like that don't buy it, if not give it a try (try to understand the story), try to borrow it for a day from a friend of your's and play it the rest depends on you
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:32 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next