Usergroups
Will you play the demo?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Raldor
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

So, if the demo is really released tomorrow, will you play it? I'm actually planning to avoid it, because I don't want to spoil any of the game for when I play through with my own party.

Of course I say this now, but when it's available for download the temptation may be too much. I'll at least be watching eagerly for what people think of it.
Post Tue Oct 30, 2001 10:20 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

IŽll wait until Wiz8 is announced for Germany before I download the demo. In the meantime IŽll lean back and enjoy the show .
Post Tue Oct 30, 2001 10:36 pm
Aelhyn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I'm getting it as I type this.

If the demo is any good at all (hopefully so ), replaying it a second type w/ my own party won't be a burden at all. I want to see how smoothly the game runs, too.
Post Wed Oct 31, 2001 10:20 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Ofcourse I like to play the demo, but I can't get this downloading working
Post Wed Oct 31, 2001 3:48 pm
Raldor
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Ok, you guys talked me into it. That was hard wasn't it?

I started the download this morning before work and installed it when I got home. There's just no way I could resist seeing this game we've been waiting so long for. I really doubt I'll finish the demo though. It's hard for me to get into it without creating my own party. So far though, it's even better than I expected!
Post Wed Oct 31, 2001 11:49 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I've downloaded and installed the demo, but sadly, I just get an Application Error, 'The instruction at '0x64616e61' referenced memory at '0x54515e61''
Post Thu Nov 01, 2001 1:43 pm
Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I played the demo last night after work and I can't wait to get off work tonight so I can play it some more. It totally rocks. The interface takes a bit of time to get used to not because its designed poorly but because there is so much stuff. Given the complexity of everything I think they did a really good job on interface though. The details of the phased combat system and the chars and their stats is just great... Also graphics in general aren't super but they are fine with me. One aspect of the graphics that is great however is the monster animations. They are really cool. Also I really like how the scouting and searching ability is implemented. With a ranger with his auto-search ablility on you'll be walking along and he'll yell Hey I found something and an item will appear that you couldn't see before. Also there are monsters that aren't visable until someones scouting ability kicks in and they notice them. This allows monsters to potentially ambush you if noone in your party has good scouting ability.

I did have a few minor technical problems though... when I ran it at 1600x1200x32 the first time at one point it totally locked up Win2k on me. However after I dropped the resolution down to 1280x1024x32 I didn't have any fatal crashed allthough I did once have the textures go all crazy on me but closing the game and reloading it fixed that. I'm betting these problems are probably due to the fact that my Geforce 3 is overclocked to 240/540. I might turn the overclocking down a bit and see if the problems appear agian. One other technical thing I noticed was that doing stuff on the automap screen seemed a bit slow although everything else is smooth as butter...
Post Thu Nov 01, 2001 2:57 pm