So what's the plot line?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

So what's the plot line?

I can't figure it out. Just what is it that we are all supposed to aiming for in this game? Because I'm quite lost, and without a specific quest to complete, I haven't a clue what to do (except roam around and kill stuff).
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:21 am
Uruz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

When you deliver the package at the start... That is the start of the main quest. You learn about it from there. IF you managed to screw that up, I could see it being confusing. I am at a harder part in the main quest now, the Wisdom test...
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:34 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I've delivered a package, but that doesn't really tell me much....I've been playing for quite a while now and I really can't say what the plot line is.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:40 am
kalin

have patience - the story line doesnt kick in for a bit... def. not before you are on your third or fourth quest from the spymaster. in the meantime, you are to build skills and gain lvls. its quite worth it once it does kick in though, so don't get frustrated. its just you are too weak to be a party of the real story yet (or at least that's how I roleplayed it)...
Post Mon May 13, 2002 3:04 am

Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I just finished the quest from the Spymaster where I have to talk to three different people around Vivec... has the story begun yet?

I can't tell, but I've found even the small amount of story found in the main plot so far to be quite interesting.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 4:00 am
coradin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

LOL. I know there is a main plot somewhere, but I havnt missed it too much. I have mainly been working the Fighter/Mage/House plots to gain some levels before getting into the spymasters quests too much.

Finally at level15 my fighter-mage type is ready to advance the plot line and just got to Vivec to talk to the three folks. (picked up the sweet Daedric Kantana here too, now I need to bump my enchant to give it some abilities)

Great game!
Post Mon May 13, 2002 4:27 am
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Never forget your fate is written in the elder scrolls. You cannot avoid the main quest, it is your destiny
Post Mon May 13, 2002 3:35 pm
evilbyte
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Fredric
I just finished the quest from the Spymaster where I have to talk to three different people around Vivec... has the story begun yet?

I can't tell, but I've found even the small amount of story found in the main plot so far to be quite interesting.

this is the quest I am on currently ... it is still very early in the game, I think, and you only have the slightest of hints of what the story is. this is my interpration of what is happening so far as main story goes. You know that you have been sent to Morrowind on emperors behalf, right? You must also know that you joined the Blades, emperors spies. Obviously, if he sends more spies in, he needs to find out something ... he's probably threatened by something that's going on in Morrowind. Most of the quests that you're given by spymaster are with regards to the six house, which few know exists. currently, your quest is to find as much as you can about that secret house. there are also constant references to a certain legend that NPCs make ...

if you pay attention to what they say, or what you're quests are, I think you can start putting the main story together ... right now it is still very much shrouded in mystery, but that's the fun of the game, as you pointed out ... finding out exactly what's going on. I think even the spymaster said when he gave me one of the missions is that with quest you should start figuring out what the emperor has planned for you ... or something like that ... and that was when the whole sixth house research started

ib.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:01 pm
Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Moved to the Spoiler forum because of the discussion of specific quests...
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:17 pm