Usergroups
Problems with combos
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
colderthykiss
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm having problems performing the combos and I'm a expert with one handed weapons.what combos are best and how do you do them? Any tips for better swordfighting?
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 3:04 pm
wysiwyg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I can't get real combos to work well with 1H weapons but I can try to hit as fast as possible.

Practice by yourself in the arena so no one attacks you

Attack left and right as fast as you can followed by a forward thrust and you should be able to avoid delays in strikes. Some monsters, like mine crawlers, get knocked back pretty good with any hit so you just stick with alternating left and right attacks and they can't hit you if you don't let up. When fighting humans try to time your parrys (attack with down key) to block hits.

A good way to practice, save befor you do this naturally, is to put the game in 'god mode' so you can't be injured and challenge Kirgo in the arena. Restore the game after you kill him and repeat it. Practice, practice, practice!

To be safe, do *NOT* save the game after using god mode and exit Gothic completely before going back to your normal game. I've heard using some of the console commands can screw up your game so always make an extra save before doing this just to be sure you don't shoot yourself in the foot.

Search the board for 'cheat god' or 'marvin' for help with the console.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 4:30 pm

What are combos, is that a combinationhit?
If that is it, i know a trick with the onehanded sword, If you push Forward when you already pushed forward and he is hitting, he'll make a swordturn, I think this should it, you have to do it before he stops, so after you Push Forward, en he doig it, press Forward again.
I hope this is what combo is.

Raven,
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 5:50 pm

PaulDenton
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Here is the combo I have learned:

Attack Forward, and the guy will do an upward slash. Now, he will hold the sword above his shoulders for a while, Attack Forward again, and the guy will do a downward slash. Then, he will hold the sword near his right leg, Attack Forward again, and the guy will do a spinning slash from the left. Now, Attack Forward immediately, and the guy will do a side slash from the right and a side slash from the right.

Upward Slash
Downward Slash
Spinning Slash
Forehand Slash
Backhand Slash

Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 6:49 pm

hi again, Raven here.
umm i just was wondering.Can you use in the demo also cheats??
Ohyes, i have found something.its not a combo, or anything, but you can do a forwardslash while runing: run forward, direct after that press the action putton and then the forward key.It works, its not great or anything, just wanted to chare this, please dont flame me.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 7:46 pm

flabbyjack
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, in the demo, you can use cheats... I was pretty happy when I took control of some NPCs, got a hold of whoever I wanted in the New Camp, and had a lil' fun!

As for combos, I think that, with 1h weapons level 2, that forward forward forward etc combos just aren't fast enough, and are too hard to do.

I'm fighting the minecrawlers right now(Who often move back when you hit them), and I just use forward then right, then forward then right. Nice steady and fast attacks.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 12:20 am
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

check out jemym's post under combos. he lays it out perfectly.

"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Tue Dec 11, 2001 5:57 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I hope so... =)

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Tue Dec 11, 2001 6:00 pm