View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
jellylad
Village Leader
Village Leader

Radeon 8500

Hello all.

Well, my copy of Morrowind should arrive in the next couple of days (thank god!) and so I can jump straight in with maximun fun, I have a little question:

I have an ATI Radeon 8500 graphics card and I was wondering what settings people set the card to - not the settings in the game about details, but the settings under Display properties.

Anyone offer any good advice to get the most out of what I'm sure will be the game of the year.

Thanks in advance.
Post Thu May 02, 2002 11:55 am
Nietchse

I suggest visiting this forum and asking you are likely to get alot more in depth replys than you would here.Visit the Video and Sound cards section of this forum. It has lots of well educated and helpful people that can help you tune your rig for maximum performance.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/
Post Thu May 02, 2002 12:40 pm

here is a good site for ati cards... www.rage3d.com
I run most games at either 1280x1024 with 16x anisotropic filtering and usually 2x AA, or 1600x1200 w/out AA ( i use performance AA by the way)
Post Thu May 02, 2002 7:41 pm

I'm using a Radeon 8500 and the game looks great. There are no gliches, the water is nice and sparkly and the framerate is acceptible on my system (I have enabled 3x AA).
Post Thu May 02, 2002 9:28 pm

I have glinches en masse!

Whoever uses a Radeon 8500 without problems PLS tell which driver you use!

cant play propably...everywhere i see spikes and stuff...

=((
Post Fri May 03, 2002 2:11 am

nate242

I just got my copy today from chumbo and it seems to work fine, although it doesn't run as fast as I would like. I am currently using the 6071 winXp drivers on a 1.4t-bird(200) with 512MB of pc133(@100) ram and I haven't seen any graphical glitches as of yet. I am actually running it @ 800x600 because it runs a whole lot smoother than 1024x768. I do, however, have the draw distance maxed and AI at around 75%. I am still optimizing my setup since I just got a new mobo and it's not quite up to speed yet. After I tweak it some more I will try 10x7 agian and maybe some AA. Hope this helps.

Nate
Post Fri May 03, 2002 3:46 am

valistis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

raedon 8500 LE(limited edition) is working great

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
I have glinches en masse!

Whoever uses a Radeon 8500 without problems PLS tell which driver you use!

cant play propably...everywhere i see spikes and stuff...

=((

I run Win ME and the updated drivers from ATI are not supported by windows(microsift yet. Use the in box drivers.

I have all the setings tweaked and its running great on my athalon 1.33 512K ram 8500le
only problem I have had so far is do not cancel trades in the trades building in the arrival city-it has crashed me to desktop 11 times in a row. None after 12 hours of play without Hitting cancel
LOKIWI@aol.com
Post Fri May 03, 2002 11:42 am
Skar

Well i used 6071 too..do you guys use some special settings?

thx 4 help!

cu
Skar
Post Fri May 03, 2002 12:28 pm

Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Athlon 800
Radeon 8500LE (250/250)
512 RAM

The game is smooth (slight chop after a city first loads, but then it clears up)

1024x768
~60% draw distance
100% AI distance
50% shadows

Being bottlenecked by my processor limits my draw distance but allowed me to use shadows and such. Go figure
Post Fri May 03, 2002 12:32 pm