View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Jtull1085
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help! Temple of Akbaa

Hi,

I'm in Akbaa's temple, and I'm trying to shut off the place's security system now. I know there are 3 rooms with levers in them (one also has the number keypad thing), and I've even gotten all of them pushed down, yet the bridge across that weird bloody pit won't appear. I know the number code, have pushed it in, and still can't get the bridge to come so I can get across. If anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot.
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:02 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Security System (Major Spoiler)

Tell we what room you are in and then I will walk you through it. Do you have the map from the file with the room numbers on it? On second thought I'll give a rundown of how and see if it helps, if not we can get more specific. I will assume you made it into the round center room (29) where you got the note with the combination. Clear out all the bedrooms and get more notes and glowing things and rocks. In the room where the blind priest was,(25) there are two secret chambers on the R and L. Up the stairs. Note do not open the chest you will find in one as it has lich who is too hard to kill at this time in the game. But remeber to get back here or yu won't be able to finish the game. The other has a golem who you must kill to take his heart. Without that you cannot finish opening the security system. If you don't have a heart at this point, you must kill him. Very hard but doable. Next go to 26a. Here you must use dispell field spell to get in. Go in and see that there are three golems, one without heart. Give him one once you find the room with the pressure plate that won't move. Go to golem, give him heart, and then click on him. He will follow you to the room. Be sure to stand on opposite side of pressure plate in floor so he stops on it. Now the gate to 26 opens and you push this lever first. Next go to 28 and do the numbers you found, then pull lever here. Now go to door at end of hall where the three golems were lined up. Open the door, go into the hall, and close door behind you. The next door down that hall will not open unless the first one is closed. Open second door, (27) pull lever, leave, close this door or the first will not open, and now go to where the bridge is. You should have had a cut sceene showing you the bridge change. Be sure you save here, as this is the worst battle to fight. If you need to level up or repair armor or weapons this is time to do it. The rest is up to you. Hope this helps.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:47 am
Jtull1085
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

O.k...

Hey

Thanks for your help. I appreciate your lengthy reply. However, as far as I know, I have done all of that, even killed the lich, though it was quite tough. I have basically gotten all three levers in rooms 26, 27, and 28 facing down, and I've gotten the code 1-1-3 on the keypad. If there is a particular order to do this in, which I probably didn't get exactly right, as I may have, for example, pulled the lever in 28 before punching in the keypad numbers, I may be able to re-do and get the order right, yet I still feel something just isn't right. That golem that helped me push the pressure plate is just kinda stuck in the wall in the room with the wrought iron gate, which is now up, with the lever in it, so that just seems a little weird. If you have any suggestions, let me know and thanks again.

Also, if I need to go back and put the 3 numbers in in some particular order, should I shift each one up a number and then back, or what?
One last thing, tell me this: What purpose does that wooden lever in the pressure plate room, right up against the wall when you walk in, on the right, serve? I've fiddled with it time and again while I was trying to get this stuff right as well, I all I noticed was that it hurt me when I pulled it toward me.

I will go and try to do what is still left to do in the order you said, though I can really do is try and pull the levers in a certain order, as all the other stuff is done.

Thanks again.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:25 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Security

You may have a glich if the golem isn't standing in the middle of the room on the plate. The gate may be opened, but maybe the program isn't reading it that way to let you go on. Yes you have to do the levers in that order for it to work I think, but I could be wrong about that one. If you do the last lever and don't get the cut sceen, then I would reload and start over. Not the game, just from your last save. Sometimes this game gets hung up for no apparent reason, and restarting a section usually fixes the problem. You have to enter the number just as writen, doesn't matter if you turn them up or down to get there. Do the Golem on the pad first, then the room with gate, then the final one in room down hall with the two doors. The lever on the floor in pressure plate room is just trap, don't touch. Let me know if you make it.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:41 pm
Jtull1085
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Temple of Akbaa

Hey again,

I've tried probably ten times in all to do this, nearly three just since you've told me the proper order to do the stuff. Unfortunately, I believe I saved after the golem had walked on the plate and after I had already gotten a lever or two. Everything conceivable is done, I just get no cut scene, no way to get across the bridge. So it's not like I've had any problems doing the stuff (unless, like I said, there is some particular order of using the levers and hitting the numbers that I didn't follow). Anyway, if you can think of anything else possible that I might be able to do or try.

Is there perhaps some chance that the quest isn't fully initiated, or something? I talk to the king, and he continually says something to the extent of "Don't let us distract you from your duty," so I doubt that's the problem. Could a patch perhaps fix something in my game? Maybe I should also mention that the blind priest, by the time of my last save, had somehow migrated through the wall in that room with the table over the blood, so now all I can see are his hands when they are up bowing, near the room where the golem is let out in that area. Just trying to think of any possible symptons of a glitch or other problem.

Let me know if you have any more suggestions, and thanks again.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:58 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Stuck in the Wall

This does sound buggy to me. You should have at least 10 save game slots you could have used. If not you are bugged. I had the same problem on the first install I ever did. Was to green to realize it until well into the game. Yes the patch is to fix a lot, and I mean a lot, of bugs. I think you have three choices, one send a message to Garret on the tech. thread here. Or you can try the patch and see if the problem is cured. Or just reinstall and start over. That would solve it as long as you patch it before playing. But others have installed during games and fixed problems. I would try it myself, but it may fry the game and you would have to delete and reinstall anyway. You might want to wait a day or so and see if anyone else has an answer you could try as well. But the strange videos sound like bugs. Hope you get this fixed, and if you do post here so others will know what to do. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:12 am
Jtull1085
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks

Well I appreciate your time trying, nonetheless. I will be sure to try some of these methods to see if they fix my problem.

Nice talking to you.
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:21 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Help

No problem, glad to help.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:32 am
Jtull1085
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yay!

Glad to say I just installed the patch, which I noticed, among a thousand or so other fixes, had one for the bridge in the temple. I loaded an earlier game that I only recently realized was actually before I had done the levers, got to the last one, and saw the cutscene, then got to the bridge. I'm glad you told me to download the patch, and I appreciate all your help.

Thanks!
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:37 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Great!!

I'm glad to hear it. Now go save this place before Akbaa kills us all. Hopefully this will save someone else a big problem in future.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:46 am
Gunny
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have teh same problem however Ihave no more dispel spells left. Any other way around this?
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:35 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Dispell Field

If you made it this far you should be able to cast dispell by now. Look at your casting book at level 4 spells and see if you have the runes. If not I will tell you where to find the runes and a few scrolls.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:54 pm