Usergroups
Call of Cthulhu - Dark Corners of the Earth (PC, Single-Play
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
ArcturusXIV

Looks cool! I love H.P. Lovecraft!
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:24 pm

I hope this does not end up as vaporware. I have been interested for 3 years. I hear it has been in development for 4 years. They do have actual flyers provided by Bethsoft hanging up in Gamestop now. So I guess it must be hitting this fall as currently scheduled!

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:11 pm

RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

I hope this does not end up as vaporware. I have been interested for 3 years. I hear it has been in development for 4 years. They do have actual flyers provided by Bethsoft hanging up in Gamestop now. So I guess it must be hitting this fall as currently scheduled!

Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:15 pm
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The game looks like it will actually come out, and several sequels are already being planned.

And while the game looks good, I don't know if it constitutes as an RPG.
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:27 am
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I read a release date for Sept. 1 for this game in the Sept issue of GameInformer. Can anyone confirm this?
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:23 pm
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by thartanian
I read a release date for Sept. 1 for this game in the Sept issue of GameInformer. Can anyone confirm this?
I find nothing at ToTheGame or at PC.IGN, but GameSpot has the listing as Feb 1, 06 for PC, but still in Oct for XBox, Q4 for PS2. Whether or not that will still happen ...

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:06 am
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Anybody here ever play Alone in the Dark. I loved that game. It would only take me around 30 mins to beat, but I loved it. Part one was way better than all the other Alone in the Darks and Resident Evils combined. I think they messed up all the other Alone in the Dark clones by adding way too many monsters to kill. I think having few and more unique monsters was the key. The scariest part I remember about Alone in the Dark 1 was reading that sacred book in that little secret room in back of the library. It was in latin and I could read a bit of it at the time, which made it even cooler. Then of course, it's what happens next that freaked me out. After you close the book, your character gets lifted by some evil spirit and gets his torso twisted from his lower body as you hear it all snap. Also, the ghost of the lady in that chair where u find that poker next to the fireplace was freaked out. I remember disturbing her, she gets up, and turns into some sort of nuetron flux and chases after u through walls. I felt the adrenaline rush each time when she came after me.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:05 am
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I agree that fewer but well placed scares is better.

I'd rather have tension over action.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:46 am

CoC is a more than 20 year-old classic PnP RPG and the Lovecraftian world has definitely a charm. I hope they will manage to carry the feel. If not, I'd rather hope it won't be released forever.
Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:51 am

thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Anybody ever play Ecstatica? I couldn't play it because of memory manager or extended memory problems. How does it compare to Alone in the Dark 1?
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:00 pm
slak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Cancelled? That's strange considering I just picked up a copy today?
Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:53 pm
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by slak
Cancelled? That's strange considering I just picked up a copy today?

I know ... if I had known it was cancelled perhaps I could have gotten a price break

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:34 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

We marked it as cancelled when the Xbox version came our and there was no comment on the PC version at all. I'll update it when I get the chance.
Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:39 pm