Usergroups
Hardest part?!?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Toaster, the way your characters are developed will decide which party combinations will be most effective. I personally like Juhani (the way I made her anyway). If you played as a guardian, then Juhani + Canderous would create a party that is short of force points and force powers.

You mentioned Master Rapid Shot for Canderous. I personally was unable to make him as effective at ranged support as either Carth or HK-47. How did you do it? I found it easier to make him a melee fighter because he has good strength and he regenerates.

Also, a Jedi Consular giving force support is better than anyone giving ranged support.
Post Fri May 07, 2004 4:48 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

Well, I preferred the Bastila and either T3-M4 or Jolee combination, but since she left I took Jolee and some ranged guy, didn't really matter to me, I could choose anyone of T3-M4, HK-47 Carth and Canderous, but since I had used Canderous so little before, I decided it would be fun to use him and his heavy weapon and an armor that fits his race.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Fri May 07, 2004 8:26 pm
Vince Bly
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Hardest part?!?

"I am at the End (nearly) and am having huge difficulties! When you have to fight wave after wave after wave of enemy, is there any trick to it?"

I had difficulty in this section too. However, my problem was different and, since no one else has mentioned it, I must be missing something. As I understand it, the wave after wave of enemies never ends; that is, they respawn forever. So, the idea is to fight the enemies as you make your way to the exit of the area. For Deck 2, that's the elevator. The problem is, as you lead one character toward the exit, the other two run in the opposite direction to engage the enemy. It took me, literally, hours to make it across Deck 2. Is there some way to make all three characters move in the same direction in the same combat round? If not, how did everybody else solve this problem?

I really want to replay the game, but I'm not going through that fustration again--it's like herding gnats!

I know most finished with this game some time ago, but I really would like some advice. Val, are you out there?

vtb
Post Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:05 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Let them die... I believe you can leave the zone if you're the only character still active (though it has been a while and perhaps you do need to wait for them to limp back).

I just killed everything in my path and kept moving towards the exit. Sometimes they'd run back to engage but whenever they did I just killed everything and tried again. It does take a while sometimes.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:04 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

It sounds like you have to choose the opponents that your NPC's fight. Try this.
With your PC focused on an opponent, pause and cue up three attacks. While still paused switch to an NPC and change its focus from his current opponent to one closer to where you want to go, then cue up three attack on that opponent. Repeat the process for the other NPC. You keep control of whichever character is in the worst predicament at that time. Once your NPC's finish the action they are performing they will run to the opponent you have chosen for them if that opponent is still alive. That should help you force the fight in the direction you want to move instead of forcing you to go backwards to the fight.

Note: Speed enhancement will help them run faster, get out of the current opponents attack range faster and thereby avoid some damage.
Post Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:55 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Hrm... there was always a lull in the waves that allowed me to advance just fine. On my second run though, I got irritated and boosted the strength of my NPC followers. At that point, there wasn't a problem with those waves of enemies.
Post Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:34 pm
Vince Bly
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

EverythingXen, Darrius, and Val,

Thanks for you helpful suggestions. My final solution was to "cheat", kinda like Capt. Kirk and the Kobiashi Maru. I wanted to go back a bit anyway so I could get the good crystals at Yavin (PC only). So, I did the whole Star Forge solo! By specializing a bit, using the best crystals in one double light sabre, and wearing the Dominator Gauntlets, my character was pretty tough, 2X 11 to 51 per round against Dark Side opponents with 28/30 attack bonus and 8X bolt deflection. With Master Speed and a Hyper-Strength booster, she could wipe out most opponents in a round or so. The only cautions were to stay close to the opponents, so they couldn't use grenades, and to keep health above 50% so, if you were stunned or paralyzed, you wouldn't die before you regained control. Playing solo, it was much easier to stay in control and notice the lulls in attacks, Val mentioned.

Thanks, again. vtb
Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:35 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I found the lulls to be just long enough to move in the correct direction. I took longer than I'd expected, but much less than an hour to get to the final fight.

I am looking forward to replaying it as a darksider ... was almost there before I had to take an enforced hiatus.
Post Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:53 pm
Vince Bly
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

"I am looking forward to replaying it as a darksider ... was almost there before I had to take an enforced hiatus."

Good luck Lintra. I replayed as the Dark Side and didn't like it. Maybe I'm a woos. I especialy didn't like it when Big Z... well, you'll see.

vtb
Post Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:38 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Yeah, I know what you mean. There are times when I kind of feel 'dirty' after scoring some big dark side points. Oh well, 'tis the price to be paid for POWER *grin*

Guess I am not a natural darksider. *shrug* Not such a bad thing when I think about it.
Post Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:43 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2