A few strange items?!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

A few strange items?!

- A note called "Queens deposit slip for key" found in the royal room in the Rapax castle. Do anybody found any use of it???

- The "Pickled Trynnie" found in a bottle in the Rapax castle cellar, is used for what???

- The damaged black box from Arnika, other than you get a clue on how a black box looks, and eventually how a unbroken one can be used in Arnika to get informations.
Post Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:26 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You can use all of the deposit slips to get items. There is a sort of ATM in the wall in the King's room where you deposit the slips to get items. Be warned, taking some items may make some Rapax not like you.
You can get more deposit slips in the Constable's office.
Post Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:23 pm
otter
One of Us

Yah, and give the Pickled Trynnie to Ferro for the Armory Key. (or not, if you've already PP'd it or killed him)
Post Tue Sep 03, 2002 6:54 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

AFAIK, you already said the reason for the damaged black box (clue). I wonder if Sir-Tech might have originally had a plan for doing more, though. Perhaps the Callisto (Mook ship) and the damaged box were going to tie into a quest or something.

You know, I find it interesting that Sir-Tech had sooooo much time on their hands while trying to land a publisher and yet still managed to leave so many loose ends around. (Trang/Umpani not showing up at AP, Rapax Queen, Callisto, tiki-torch in Trynton, Rattus the bank robber)
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:03 pm
Rhea
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

And speaking of Rattus, this is the first time I've played the game where he didn't show up. Anyone else have that happen? Not that it's any big loss, you understand...
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:15 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Rhea
And speaking of Rattus, this is the first time I've played the game where he didn't show up. Anyone else have that happen? Not that it's any big loss, you understand...
Depending on your route into Trynton, he can be avoided. During my second time through (which I'm still in the middle of), I had a disasterous encounter not far out of Trynton. I ran into Trynton to escape without ever encountering Rattus. Once inside Trynton, I ran into more bad luck and eventually reloaded without saving. This time, my battle went much better, and I encountered Rattus in my travels. I can't prove it, but I suspect if you make it into Trynton up to the sixth bough without meeting Rattus, you will lose the opportunity to ever meet him. I base this on my observations of the Rattkin attitudes towards your party depending on what you do to Rattus if you meet him.
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 5:21 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Thx for the replies!

Regarding Rattus, I can add that you can meet him several times, if you refuse to help him! However if you solve the problem in Trynton for the Trynnies regarding the rat-breeders, he will get hostile the next time you meet him!
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:40 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Another Thing: After disarming the bomb in the black tower in Arnika, It seems that I can't communicate the good news to the people in Arnika, they still talk about it as a threat. No big deal, just a little annoyance!
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:47 am
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

I thought it'd be better posting on this topic than creating a new one. What, if anything, is a Djinn's Eye needed for?
Post Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:51 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by shai_aus
I thought it'd be better posting on this topic than creating a new one. What, if anything, is a Djinn's Eye needed for?

A component for a "custom" item from Anthone the Rapax smith in Arnika. I can't recall to which Custom item, but your journal will tell you, if you have asked him about the custom items!
Post Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:45 pm
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

Yup, it's one of the ones required for Featherweight.

While I'm on a roll here, what can I use the Blue Flowers (found in Marten's Bluff) for?
Post Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:15 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

blue flowers = hint to find you lost party member.
Post Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:10 pm
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well, I thought the message on the bottom of the idol saying "Beware of the Crock!" would have pointed anyone in the right direction, but that's just me.
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:51 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by shai_aus
Well, I thought the message on the bottom of the idol saying "Beware of the Crock!" would have pointed anyone in the right direction, but that's just me.

No, thats not just you :].
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:08 pm
otter
One of Us

If you put the blue flowers on He'li's bar, they compliment her garb very nicely.
Post Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:31 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next