View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
jellylad
Village Leader
Village Leader

SPOILER - End battle

Hello all

I just beat the last end bad guy to finish the game - but I found him a very tough fight. It took me quite a few attempts unitl I stumbled on a bit of a cheating way, I guess. I ran to the left and up the stairs, used a levitate scroll and floated to the centre of the room and them bombarded him with arrows until he dropped. Bit cheating as he couldn't harm me (or even see me) up there. However, he did take a lot of arrows and an awfull long time to drop so I was wondering how other people beat him without being cheesy.
Post Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:20 pm
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

hmmm... that is a valid tactic IMO, not a cheat

Ð
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:40 pm
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Here's what I did.....

I had the same problem at first....kept getting my ass handed to me

Then I stocked up on Life potions and Mana potions, cast Negate Magic and went to work up close on him.

With the Negate Magic spell running, he can't summon any demons and you just keep popping the Life and Mana potions while you hack away to keep your health and mana up. As long as you mana is available, the Negate Magic spell keeps running.

From then on it was a simple matter of chopping wood
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:19 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I used lord Inunt's magic bow and killed him in approx. two minutes of circling and shooting.. I replayed final battal two times, and every time it was the same easy fighting.
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:39 am
scarymike
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I waited until he summoned a demon. I then used control demon and targeted the main guy. After that it was just a matter of staying far enough away from him and letting the demon pound on him. I felt it was halfway between cheap and clever.

-sm
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:54 am
lagsux
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i didn't have any trouble at all, i simply hacked him to death aft casting several fireballs at him.

i had a armor class of 98 and a magic resistance of 72 so he couldn't do nuts on me took abt 3 life potions
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:32 pm