Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Easy money, 3000 each time you kick his ass.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Danial_the_paladin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Easy money, 3000 each time you kick his ass.

I don't know if anybody posted this yet, but i'll post it anyway. I think it's in chapter 4. Lutero have two books worth 5000 gold coins each. They give you +5 in one and two hand combat respectivly. But i thought, why buy them when i can kick his ass and steal them. You better wait untill midnight when Lutero is inside. Kill off his wife coz she's a witness (don't know if she's his wife, but she sleeps in the same room), beat him senseless and steal everything before you cast Oblivion on him. Sell the books back to him for 1500 each. Repeat the exercise untill you are satisfied. What a sucker!
Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:38 am
Crashzone
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

It's not specially in chapter 4..
I had the books allready in chapter 2
Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:40 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Aah, another one from Norway! (Kor bor du?)
If your a merc you can knock down buster when you have the shadowbeast horn quest, after giving him about 15 horns you'll get much money and exp each time you do this
Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:00 am
Danial_the_paladin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Crashzone
It's not specially in chapter 4..
I had the books allready in chapter 2

Dude, i got the remember that when i start over again as mage

Aphazel, i'm from oslo
Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:58 am
ServanteS
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Aphazel
If your a merc you can knock down buster when you have the shadowbeast horn quest, after giving him about 15 horns you'll get much money and exp each time you do this

and if you are paladin knock down dragon hunter in castle(valy of mines)
when you have drgon blood quest,allso you can sell things to Cipher in merc camp and beat him to take it all and sell again
Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:55 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

quote:
Originally posted by ServanteS

and if you are paladin knock down dragon hunter in castle(valy of mines)
when you have drgon blood quest,allso you can sell things to Cipher in merc camp and beat him to take it all and sell again

You can do that with Torlof too, but when you knocking down Cipher...wath out that the farmers don't see you

quote:
Originally posted by Danial_the_paladin

Dude, i got the remember that when i start over again as mage

Aphazel, i'm from oslo

Knocking Lutero down as a mage might become difficult in chapter 2, 'cause you'll need to spend a lot of lp's on mana instead of strenght/dexterity and combat skills

Oslo, how is it in Olso? I have never liked the big cities...too much people..I live in a small town called Hommersåk in Sandnes
Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:14 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

a slight variation on what you suggested... take such expensive items to the mapmaker and sell them to him (be carefull though as some items dissapear when you sell them to him, use saves and trail and error, but as a rule i think quest items are safe, books and maps stay in his inv so they are safe) anyway, buy the two books from lutero, and the two star books also found in korinis, and all the maps... then sell them to the mapmaker, instantly kick his ass and collect... then what? sell them back to him again and repeat, he will allways forgive you lol, i guess hes just a forgiving kind of guy

with this method, in about 5 minutes you can make more money than you will ever be able to use in gothic, just dont get mugged
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:44 pm
Boeman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Best way to make money is through another serious bug; the double-ore looting bug. Let an opponent defeat you (one of the mercs) and allow them to loot your gold. There may be a long pause which might make you believe your system has locked up before he sets down to take your gold. Get up and knock him down and you'll find that you'll have double the amount of ore in his inventory than what he originally took from you. This happened to me twice unintentionally and because of this, I've never had to actually earn gold at all past chapter 1.

This seems to be somewhat random so experimentation may be required.

Gothic also had this problem as well.
Post Wed May 05, 2004 1:00 am