Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Finished Gothic 2 this Morning , Wich Gothic did you like?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

I thought Gothic 1 was better because of the settings "background". You did feel very insignifcant. You felt the tension between the camps and you did feel as though the camps had been there for years. The world in Gothic 2 did seem quite "new". Also you didn't see any tension between the Mercs and the Paladins.

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:29 pm
Strogannov
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

well i never had the luck of ever playing the original gothic (maybe i'll find it if i look hard )
i only played the demo which was great.
it was because of the demo of gothic 1 that i bought gothic 2 because i usually leave RPG games asside
i usually prefer guns over swords
but that asside i have finished gothic 2 today and i have been playing it for 3 days or so the entire time!
i totally lost track of time playing it.
maybe you folks didn't find it scary because you already know the situations from gothic 1.
I did not so i was "scared" at times.
well not as much scared as feeling a bit depressed or an eerie feeling creeping across my back.
trying to guess how many minecrawlers were attacking me or what the hell was going on in the forest while trying to find the Eye of Innos.
relieved when i made it back safely into the castlewalls in the Oldworld.
True the last boss was dissapointing seing as how the enterior was all creepy and the boss was nothing but a pink and purple mess
and those orc hallways were strange indeed but don't really point towards anything unfinished on behalf of leveldesign, maybe bossdesign if anything.
just let the story slide over you and you would become scared, if you could step off of knowing that you were a glorious hero in gothic 1 and can do it again.
you are back were you started, picking turnips for a bastard of a farmer just to get some reasonable clothes!
The oldworld was a brilliantly made place showing off the gothic 1 world in a totally dark and eerie setting.
joking about meatbugs to brutus turned from the laugh of looking at a frightened Brutus to the silence of looking at brutus jump off of the wall.
or betraying your fellow paladins just to get Torlof as your captain!
Myb rother left the game because he said the graphics were old and he couldn't stand it, i told him that if graphics are the case he's not an rpg-player
so i tell you to try get off your high horse, forget about what you were in gothic 1 and go slay some... wolves (hey wolfskin is quite a catch!)
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:01 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehehe u need to get gothic 1 really cos after u play gothic1 u dont sleep at all
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:26 am
Strogannov
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

sounds like a great game and i know it is
but i can't find it anywhere
i'm dying to know the backstory about the "fantastic-5"
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:05 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

The best thing in Gothic 1 for me, was that you changed camps after a while. You don't see that in Gothic 2. You belong to a group and have to stay with them.
I think Gothic 2 is better than Gothic 1 in the way of bigger, more quests, more storylines. I still know that when I played Gothic 1 the later chapters were all the same no matter which path you had chosen. In Gothic 2 there still are a few differences in the later chapters.

So as a conclusion I have to say there's no real winner. Only the game which I played first gets that little edge, because it was all new to me.
Gothic 1 100% Gothc 2 99,99%
NFG member
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:15 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

The best thing in Gothic 1 for me, was that you changed camps after a while. You don't see that in Gothic 2. You belong to a group and have to stay with them.
I think Gothic 2 is better than Gothic 1 in the way of bigger, more quests, more storylines. I still know that when I played Gothic 1 the later chapters were all the same no matter which path you had chosen. In Gothic 2 there still are a few differences in the later chapters.

So as a conclusion I have to say there's no real winner. Only the game which I played first gets that little edge, because it was all new to me.
Gothic 1 100% Gothc 2 99,99%
NFG member
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:16 pm
ChronoTrigger
Village Leader
Village Leader

Strogannov: My brother left the game because he said the graphics were old and he couldn't stand it, i told him that if graphics are the case he's not an rpg-player
Your answer was Beautifull, I Play Chrono Trigger From Time To Time, I Think that game Rocks the Earth, About Gothic1 or 2, i have to stay with Gothic1, but only Because they did not Polished the Old World Good Enough, if the Colony would had been all that it were back in Gothic 1 BUT with some changes like the dragons, and stuff, (i really do not understand how on earth the Snow and ice took over the New camp, where it use to be Rice Growing... ),...... where are the "MINES" "MINES", the colony was there, and the first game exist thanks to the "ORE THAT THE KING NEEDED FOR HIS ARMY", and now we play gothic two, knowing that, and i manage to get 5 or 9 Ore (i remember in Gothic 1 that i had enough Ore to buy the damn colony (or the Chicks that Gomez Had) )well and i do not like the Ultimate Boss, not because it was easy, but because it feel like Mario 64, 5 times the same.... (i rather Preferes to fight a giant rat, at least it would be fun ) it would had been so much better if they Include things, and not Delete Things, (as with Some armors and Most Swords) I miss the ORC CEMENTERY, and the Five Points of the Penthagram that Show the Location Of The Focus, i think that deleting Knowing Places was the Worst Thing about Gothic2, otherwise If Gothic is a 10, gothic 2 COULD be a 11, but now is only an 8 for me, The PBs team HAVE to make a mega patch (with the colony), so i play gothic 2 again and I gave them Their 11
PD: a pity that they do not release the mod kit for the community. if they do, i will put the old colony there to be happy
Chronno Trigger = 10
Gothic 1 = 10
Gothic 2 = 8
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:48 am
hatchetkilla
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hay ChronoTrigger did you ever think that the snow and ice had took over the new camp because their was a snow dragon lair there Ha ha
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:25 pm
Rafter II
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thank you thank you PB

I though both games were outstanding. I do agree that the final boss was a little bet of a let down but I found that also true in Gothic 1. The events leading up to the final showdown is what it’s all about and both games did an excellent job.
There were so many memorable parts in Gothic 1, one being at the start when you get slugged in the face and awaken to meet Diego for the first time. An excellent start!
In Gothic 2 it would be when I realize I’m walking down a trail (Valley of Mines) that I had traveled so many times before
I do wish the game came with a MOD kit.
I would like to thank PB for giving us such a unique game and wish them all the best of luck
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:31 pm
ChronoTrigger
Village Leader
Village Leader

hatchetkilla: Good Idea, maybe the dragon Cause The Snow.... Weird Thing, since that Ice dragon Spit Fire Too , no matter, I Like Both Games too....actually they are the only Two Games I Play Yet.. so that has to Mean Something.... I LOVE GOTHIC's
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:59 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well i would give Gothic 1 100% and Gothic 2 95%
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:05 pm
Mr.White
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well I liked gothic 2 better. The interface is just too annoying in gothic 1, and I think the story works better in 2. Besides that they are basically the same games so far(I'm on the quest to find the five focus stones in gothic 1, after I finished gothic 2.)

Oh, and the torches sometimes gave ZERO light in gothic 1. Really annoying since you actually needed that light at times.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:50 pm
Beliar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Location: Home,2 st up,Rasundavagen 19,Solna,stockholm,Sweden,europe,the world,the universe

Xardas is nice he is only experimenting with the dark powers
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:35 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I connected with the characters in Gothic more than in Gothic 2. Connecting with the characters is very important to me. The voice acting in Gothic also seemed much better. However, I liked everything else about Gothic 2 more.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:56 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i talk with ppl allways in G1 and G2 sometimes they give new options etc its quiet nice to hear voices
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:52 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3