Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread

I have morrowind and it is sweet .This new one will be even beter
Post Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:54 am

Unimud (Guest)

The screanshots

The screanshots are excellent, but they make me worry about my computers video card. Hope they cut down on crashes too.
Post Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:51 pm

Pizzaman

Grrrr

I really hate these warrior-within-style screenshot. I don't know why developpers more and more add glow to all the parts of the image. It looks like an old fashion comic drawn by a poor artist with a poor airbrush. Not only does it slow the frame rate, but it also remembers me the old photography of the wedding of my grandmother.
Please use it where it helps the naration (like in Half Life 2)
Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:07 pm

RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

I can honestly tell you, this is the Greatest Game I have Never played!

Judging from many hours of playing Daggerfall & Morrowind, this game will stomp every RPG ever made. Period!

For now Morrowind/Bloodmoon/Tribunal reign supreme. But by years end, they shall be caste into OBLIVION!

Runners up for the year...

Gothic3
Arx Fatalis2

This is a great year for RPGs!

Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:31 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

well the graphic looks ubber cool but i dont know about the story it has to be cool.otherwise itll suck.And maybe the graphic looks to movish
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Mon May 02, 2005 11:49 am
TrD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by kengo2019

Will it come out this year?

Im hoping that it does. Looks great.
Post Tue May 03, 2005 3:03 pm
crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I really doubt that we see it this year. I'm just going by what's been released on it so far. If the game was in the final stretch, I think we would have seen some trailers, several interviews, etc. They are just starting to trickle information out, so I think the game is probably a year away. Spring/Summer 2006 would be my guess. I HOPE I'm wrong
Post Fri May 06, 2005 3:29 pm
Runeblade
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well they said the game is done except they're now doing thier 'clutter phase' where they put all those cool items like books, forks, plates, candles and stuff into the game world. I think we will indeed see Oblivion released before Christmas.
Post Mon May 23, 2005 12:42 pm
crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

@Runeblade:

Yep, I hope they're right and I'm wrong still. I'm content to wait and see. As far
as I know the official word is currently Winter 2005. I'd love to be playing Oblivion by Christmas but we'll see. According to the E3 reports the AI system is advanced but not necessarily very realistic. The story with the woman and the dog, while funny, is probably not how they want the AI to work. A person shouldn't kill a pet because it annoys them Still, they have 6 months to polish it up so it could make it by the end of year. I sure hope so!
Post Mon May 23, 2005 7:14 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by TrD
quote:
Originally posted by kengo2019

Will it come out this year?

Im hoping that it does. Looks great.

Yes my friend! It has been confirmed by Bethsoft themselves that it will be available for both PC and Xbox 360 this winter!

Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:02 pm
Kingbreaker
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well...Morrowind is my Favourite game of ALL TIMES and oblivion is my #1 on the Most Wanted list(after that there are Gothic 3 and Fallout 3) and on my experience on the Elder SCrolls forum and sites, I can assure you: THIS GAME IS GONNA BE A BLAST! Yes, i know...the n00bs won't understand it, even some RPG players will find it tiersome to play, but it's gonna be the Game of it's year and it's gonna win all the Gloty that Morrowind didn't had when it first launched!
Post Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:35 pm
tretchery

HEY DICKHEAD!!! god is a computer.

Program on the emergence of civilization.

"14 species of large animals capable of domesitcation in the history of mankind.
None from the sub-Saharan African continent.
13 from Europe, Asia and northern Africa."
Favor.
And disfavor.

They point out Africans’ attempts to domesticate the elephant and zebra, the latter being an animal they illustrate that had utmost importance for it's applicability in transformation from a hunting/gathering to agrarian-based civilization.

The roots of racism are not of this earth.

Austrailia, aboriginals:::No domesticable animals, so this nulified diversity of life claims on sub-continental Africa.

god is a computer
And we're all on auto-pilot.

Organizational Heirarchy
Heirarchical order, from top to bottom:

1. MUCK - perhaps have experienced multiple universal contractions (have seen multiple big bangs), creator of the artificial intelligence humans ignorantly refer to as "god"
2. Perhaps some mid-level alien management –
3. Mafia aliens - runs day-to-day operations here and perhaps elsewhere ("On planets where they approved evil.")

Then we come to terrestrial management:

4. Chinese/egyptians - this may be separated into the eastern and western worlds
5. Romans - they answer to the egyptians
6. Mafia - the real-world interface that constantly turns over generationally so as to reinforce the widely-held notion of mortality
7. Jews, corporation, women, politician - Enough evidence was present to suggest mafia management over all these groups.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:17 am

Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Kingbreaker
Well...Morrowind is my Favourite game of ALL TIMES and oblivion is my #1 on the Most Wanted list(after that there are Gothic 3 and Fallout 3) and on my experience on the Elder SCrolls forum and sites, I can assure you: THIS GAME IS GONNA BE A BLAST! Yes, i know...the n00bs won't understand it, even some RPG players will find it tiersome to play, but it's gonna be the Game of it's year and it's gonna win all the Gloty that Morrowind didn't had when it first launched!

I was really looking forward to Morrowind and I preordered the collector's edition. It got a lot of press, and won tons of awards.

Oblivion has addressed some of the flaws from Morrowind, and I think it will be even better.
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:36 am
Cyn1c4L

Yes, Oblivion has been delayed to USA period: Just Past Spring '06
Australia Period: Summer '06
All I got atm I'm afraid...
Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:03 am

Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Well, we're in januari 2006 now and I think it's safe to say we'll see it this year

I hope they will release it with not *too* many bugs and take their time to deliver a playable product.
A 100% bugfree game is never going to happen these days (games are simply too big and complex) so I'm hoping for a solid and playable release and quick patching after that.

What I'm more concerned about is if my current system can handle Oblivion.
AMD Athlon 2800+ / 1gig ram / Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb....
Hmm, maybe with everything on medium settings *shrug*
Ah well, I upgraded for Morrowind and for Everquest 2 so why not again for Oblivion
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:33 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next