Does anyone have this problem?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
camilkuo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Does anyone have this problem?

Just want to know is there anyone who has this problem, too.....
I think there's something wrong or a bug in my game "Gothic II," because in Ch 6, I couldn't open up a secret stone no matter how many times I tried, and there's only greenish posion smoke that came up from the ground after I turned three switches. The room is on the left by the human-lion like fresco. I already opened up secret stones from other three rooms and another three that appeared infront of the fresco. However, I couldn't pass through the fourth one....which is also the last one I guess. Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks.
Post Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:22 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Highlight the following

Spoiler:

Did you try middle left right? If it's not that it's middle right left.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:55 am
camilkuo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, I did!!! For a hundred million times.... I've tried to change the order of these locks inclouds middle right left or middle left right, but there's nothing happened except the poison greenish smoke.....
Post Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:47 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Sorry, I had to ask. I take it you've tried reloading and the problem is still there. The only thing I can think of is to try from a previous save. I guess I've been fortunate, that never happened when I went through that room. Maybe someone else has some insight.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:07 am
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

First get done with all the other rooms with switches and let this room last.Save and try.Isnt a bug you are doing something wrong.I also tried a million times so get bord and did the other rooms.
Post Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:33 pm
camilkuo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Man, I want to cry....becasue 2 of my recent savings both include that problem.....I saved after I had that problem twice in different names....and my other two savings are wayyyyyyyy backkkkkkk.......!!!!
Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:11 am
oNe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Make sure you dont back too fast. I made the misstake at least three or four times before i understood. If you back of too fast you will "unpush" the switch. and no matter if you done the others in the right order...just one misstake and you are poisoned.

Or maybe there is actually something else...I dont think you are stupid, I promise, it was just a thought.

Good luck and please let us know what the problem was when/if you figure it out.
Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:01 pm
camilkuo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I know what you mean by backing too fast. However, I figured out it doesn't matter if I turned to different directions right after switching the switch, but except you wait for a while to turn the switch again....
Well, I don't know is that a rule for that room or not....but it doesn't work...
Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:00 am