View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Know Your Gamer Heritage!

ABBdaRAZZak!!
Good games come and good games go, but truly great games are forever. Here I have like AOE3 and Gun, and what am I playing? I'm hooked on Majesty and Battlezone II again, these games are octagenarians in PC game lifetimes. I just got Gothic II in the mail, yet Im trying to decide whether to put Fallout or Baldurs gate on my laptop. It's crazy, one part of me thinks I'm just a sentimental fool about it all, but theyre just great games.

I know, Im preachin to the choir here, it's 1:30 AM and I just finally beat the Tomb of the Dragon King.

Anyway, there's a cool game innovation history page on games that I found while surfing around looking at more old and crusty, yet still tasty games. It makes me realize how many old games I didnt even know about, but it's interesting, even tho its like 2004ish. Im glad there wasnt a test, I would have flunked, and I grew up in the 80's when all this was state of the art.

It's a little more chronological by date and development than alot of "here's a bunch of old games" pages where they just throw everything at you with no timeline.

http://www.etc.cmu.edu/gameinnovation/threads/thread.php?ThreadID=all

*OOOooo Pretty Star!*

If you want the Majesty gifs and all that extra jazz you best get them now off the site while you can, it might be going down pretty soon for the last time. The forum has been recently shut down, and most of the links to the downloads are dead.
http://www.majestyquest.com/
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:52 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

RIP Cyberlore. It's a crying shame noone wanted to publish Majesty 2. Kayla in particular has spent hundreds of hours playing Majesty - simply brilliant little game.

BG and Fallout are certainly worth a replay but that Gothic 2 Gold is one of the best adventure/RPGs ever so don't ignore it!
Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:04 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'll put fallout 2 on your laptop it's much better then BG in my opion (and you can get above lvl 7).
gothic 2 can wait, it's not going anywhere.
Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:14 pm