Members
Usergroups
Gothic II Story
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
CANT WAIT!!!!

Gothic II Story

Hey can anybody tell me the story behind gothic II ? I read a description on the official page but i dont really understand it. If someone would clarify i would appreciate it. I dont know about you guys but i cant wait till G2 comes out- ill be at the store when it opend when they release the game.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 2:16 am

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Did you read this part?

"Mike Hoge (game designer) and Mattias Filler (story author/scripter) spill the beans about gothic II:

The story continues...

Gothic II starts where Gothic I ended. But don't worry, you won't be at a disadvantage if you haven't played Gothic I. The sequel contains a multitude of references to the first part, but everything will be explained and easy access for 'Gothic greenhorns' is guaranteed.

You have left the prison behind, but outside, another tough game is awaiting you. The war against the orcs reaches its climax at that very moment, and apparently it won't turn out well for the humans this time.
Many of the king's former vassals are no longer supporting the realm. The peasants rise since they are fed up to the back teeth with bleeding in the war against the orcs. In a world shattered by a civil war, there's a new awful enemy in addition to the orcs, monsters and even dragons: man!

But even though danger lurks everywhere, you'll meet some old friends. It's up to you to decide whom to trust and whom to do away with. Fight for the suppressed peasants or remain loyal to the king and ally yourself with his henchmen.

The choice is yours. Would you like to set out as a dragon slayer and take on the land's most frightening creatures? Or do you prefer the honorable fight and become officially ordained as a paladin? You can strive for a life in the monastery as well, humbly being initiated into the secrets of magic.

The development of the plot depends on your decisions. Every step you take will influence the game. Be aware… we advise you to consider your actions well."
Post Fri May 24, 2002 2:34 am
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Re: Gothic II Story

quote:
Originally posted by CANT WAIT!!!!
I dont know about you guys but i cant wait till G2 comes out- ill be at the store when it opend when they release the game.

Me too!!!

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Fri May 24, 2002 2:38 am
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

Are you telling me that the game is going to be non-linear not like Gothic 1?
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Fri May 24, 2002 6:39 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

That's it. You'll have different story options this time, depending on your actions... so the game'll be less linear, but PB promise that the player won't get lost...
Post Fri May 24, 2002 7:48 am
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

hehe... be a paladin and support the king and accidentaly do a peasent quest cuz you misread a guide...
WHOOOPS another bug! GAME CRASH! POW!

Don't you feel better now?
Post Fri May 24, 2002 10:46 am