Members
Usergroups
Ultima Online (PC, MMORPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Petroffskii

Ultima Online

Ultima Online is by far the BEST MMORPG I have played.
here is only one drawback to the game, and that is that it costs a monthly subscription to play, witch isn't the drawback, but that there is no direct from Bank Acc ability to pay this fee unless you have a credit card acc.
I wonder if there is going to be any further in-roads made on this subject to make it possible for those of us who WORSHIP the game to be able to play the game.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:45 am

thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I agree. No mmorpg has matched the gameplay in ultima online. Sure the graphics aren't great. But it's the gameplay that makes the game fun. Where else can you go to a friends house, sit near a table, and play your friend chess. I've got a Tamer/Mage on Siege Perilous and have been playing since 1999. I hope it never dies.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:17 pm
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

quote:
Originally posted by thartanian
Where else can you go to a friends house, sit near a table, and play your friend chess.

Errrrm....maybe at your friends house?!?!?

I played when T2A first came out, what seems like 7+ years ago now and quite frankly the game had almost nothing to do with Ultima apart from being based on the U8 engine, I quit a few months before they split the worlds and after waiting like 6 months for them to implement the necromancer skill. I think about 3 years later i heard they finally implement the skill.....
Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:46 am
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Nowadays, it's all you can hope for. At least they DID implement it. I remember playing Asheron's Call 2, a great game by the way. They promised housing at the beginning, but it was never implemented. Even worse, now Asheron's Call 2 is is called to be taken down Dec. 31.
Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:17 am