Where can I find a merchant?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Ioskeha
Village Leader
Village Leader

Where can I find a merchant?

Right now I have 477 items laying in a few chests and no merchant to sell them to since George is dead. Right now I'm level 12 and just got to the farm lands.

Also does this game ever get harder? I'm playing on the hardest setting and I'm finding the game to be a bore difficulty wise.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:04 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Go to Ars Magicana and sek out Geoff the smith there. He will always have loads of money on him, when he's out of it he will get new one later.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:12 am
Ioskeha
Village Leader
Village Leader

Is Geoff the only closest merchant to the farm lands? The reason I ask is I don't want to leave a region until I uncover all the black areas and do all of the quests that I can.

I just looked at a map and Ars Magicana is three regions away from me, so it's gonna be at least 10 hours before I get there.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:11 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Ars Magicana is a part of Rivertown, as well are the Farmlands, but if you're not going to Ars yet you could try the the inn outside the Farmlands. But they don't have too much money.

Geoff is the only merchant that always have money, as I experienced it.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:17 am
Ioskeha
Village Leader
Village Leader

Alright, thanks again. That's works perfectally. I just realized that it would take me forever to tranfers my goods from George's shop (I took it over after my character killed him) to Ars Magicana since my character only has 10 strength.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:29 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Use the teleporter stones, you can put your items in a chest and put the whole chest in your inventor, of course the chest will weight a lot, so you have to watch how much you put in the chest. Then just teleport forth and back from George to Geoff. However, open the chest in your inentory in Ars Magicana, I think opening the chest there and take the stuff will get the guards to you and you loose whatever you took from the chest.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:34 am
Ioskeha
Village Leader
Village Leader

I'd do that but I've only comes across one teleport stone (found it in the catacombs), and when I try to use it the game crashes.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:48 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

That's wierd, Lanilor should give you a teleporter stone when you turned all of the dragon statuetes in Aleroth. Then you could use it at once to get down to the catacombs where the other one was located (the one that you found). Seems like you got a very sorry bug The teleporter stones can save loads of time, and your life. There are some stuff you can download to put the other stone into the game I think, but I have no idea on how.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:53 am
Ioskeha
Village Leader
Village Leader

Oh maybe that's because I didn't bother to save Lanilor. As I said in another post; I'm role-playing an evil character in this game, and Lanilor didn't offer my character any type of reward so he's gonna stand there frozen until the end of time.

Oh well I guess I'll just have to find a way to get by without the use of teleport stones.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:01 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

lol. Well, evil or not, exept from reputation it have no affect on the game. Saving Lanilor would got you some more exp.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:05 am
Ioskeha
Village Leader
Village Leader

hmm... Interesting. I'm starting to get the impression that there's no real ablility to role-play in this game....is my assumsion of the game right?
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:25 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Take a look at the other thread.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:34 am
Ioskeha
Village Leader
Village Leader

Do merchants every change their inventory? I've allowed 10 game days pass and the merchant in Ars Magicana is still selling the same old crap that he did when I first went there.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:15 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

I'm not quite sure, I think some merchants gets new items once in a while maybe, at least I had a feeling they did.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:21 am
Ioskeha
Village Leader
Village Leader

I know George did. Everytime I'd come up from the catacombs he'd always have something new for me to buy.

I'm playing a mage this time around, so I really need any spells books that I can find so I can invest my skill points elsewhere.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:26 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next