PC Gamer?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

PC Gamer?

Didn’t suppose to be some article in September issue regarding BG3? Did I miss it or the column was postponed or the game was re-canceled again?
Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:16 pm
Amelia
City Guard
City Guard

It's in the October issue.
Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:35 am
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

So I finally got the time and opportunity to read that one page long article.

Well the good news is that the game is in production by unannounced developer, also the game itself won’t be hack & slash but in depth RPG. Time of the game will be in the early days of BG (the city I presume), of course the BGIII will have nothing to do with its predecessors, but there is a possibility that we might encounter Minsc’s ancestors (I wonder if they will have space hamsters too ).

Another good news is that they still are contemplating with what to go: the real-time or turn-base where the combat is concerned (turn-base please, another bonus ) but if they keep this real with pause, I can live it..

Now the one thing that worries me a little is that the game won’t be iso-view, since the technology went so far a head 3D is in for sure, maybe even with the movable camera. They also don’t know if they will use existing engine (no clue which one) or develop completely new.
Post Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:10 am