Usergroups
OMG! What Did I Do!?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

I have to confess something to you all, in the hopes that saying out loud will help the weight of guilt I am feeling.

Whats the name of that little chap who follows you around and keeps bothering you at the most awkward moments? Is It Mud?

Well, I got really fed up of him interupting me when I was trying to have a conversation with someone else. Not to mention accusing me of wanting sex with animals! So I decided to persuade him that his future lie with someone else.

But everytime I hit him, he got away by running into the castle! Grrrrr.

So, (Twirls moustache) I led him up to the abandoned tower and when he steped inside with me I shut the door. "Now there is nowhere to run you annoying little shit!" etc etc and I beat the crap out of him. (And robbed him.(Bwa Ha Haaaaa)

Then thinking that he wouldn't be able to get out, I shut him in there and went to leave.

Well, I got accross that little bridge and I started to feel bad about it. So I decided to at least open the door so he could get back to the old camp. But I got half way back accross, the door opens and he appears in the doorway telling me I'm a nutter and he does'nt want anything to do with me.

Well that was fine with me, and I felt a bit better about what I'd done.

But then... Oh No! He steps out the door and falls off the cliff to the rocky path 40 feet below! Well I look over the edge of the bridge in Horror thinking he's had it. But his prone body is still moving slightly, so I thought, "Well he's probably ok." But then 3 Raptors jumped on him!!! and I'm thinking "Oh...well he's probably not ok now though."

Thing is.... I can't help but feel that somehow this miht all be my fault. What do you all think?
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 5:12 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Call it fate...

...what did you rob from him? He doesn't possess more than a little pocket lint!

Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 5:16 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Welcome to the Dark Side.

Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 5:17 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Yes, it´s all your fault. He trusted you and paid the ultimate price.
If Max Killen finds you you´re a dead man!
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 5:17 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

Poor Mud! Poor poor Mu... ?

What the heck, Go Badger! Go Badger! Go Badger!

''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 5:26 pm
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

That is the best Mud story I've heard so far. I've tried getting creatures to successfully attack him before, but he always manages to escape or the creatures come after me instead.

But his lying stunned on the ground from the long fall off the cliff, giving the snappers ample time to charge him, is just delicious. I bet the snappers thought so, too.
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:03 pm
napKIN!?
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I took the more direct route and coaxed him into a hut, then stood in the doorway and beat him to death. Oh yeah, then I took all his pocket lint.

//napKIN!?
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 7:13 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Thanks for the support all.... but things are going from bad to worse.

Spurred on by the demise of the infuriating Mud, I have taken to prowling the huts of the Old Camp after midnight, and beating and robbing the Diggers who live there.

Actually..one of them had a sword! Which is fantastic because now I can stop fighting those big birds with a rusty spoon.

(Also it's nice to know that Emu's career did not come to an end when Rod Hull fell off that roof.)

Anyway.... point is that until now I did not understand the power of the Dark Side. But now I have tasted of the forbidden fruit. It's too late for me now..but you? Some of you anyway... Run! Run while you still can.
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:12 pm
Mr. Mud
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:

On 2002-03-22 11:12, Badger wrote:
He steps out the door and falls off the cliff to the rocky path 40 feet below! Well I look over the edge of the bridge in Horror thinking he's had it. But his prone body is still moving slightly, so I thought, "Well he's probably ok." But then 3 Raptors jumped on him!!! and I'm thinking "Oh...well he's probably not ok now though."

Thing is.... I can't help but feel that somehow this miht all be my fault. What do you all think?

Don't you realize that I love animals and they love me. The three Raptors just stopped by to say hello. You made a big mistake by refusing my friendship and trying to kill me. The toughest Warrior in all of Gothic is sharpening up Nellik's Sword especially for you. Beware of Chapter 4.
Remember this:
You'll hit the floor
In Chapter four

Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:32 pm
Mr. Mud
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:

On 2002-03-22 14:35, Sephiroth wrote:
i hate mud!!!

Let's just add Sephiroth to the Nellik's Sword list!!!

Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:23 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Ahhhhh A ghostly voice from beyond the Grave. Mr Mud. I understand how you must feel. It must be difficult to accept that you are dead. I saw the film "Ghost" enough times to know that sometimes it's difficult for the deceased to let go of this mortal coil. Alas though.. I saw with my own eyes the mummy Raptoe packing her kids off to school with Mr Mud Pack lunches in thier packs.

Step into the light Mud...step into the light.

Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:23 pm
Mr. Mud
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Think of me
in Chapter three
cause you'll be no more
in Chapter four

Nellik's Sword has Badger's name on it

{Fixed your italic text}

[ This Message was edited by: sauron38 on 2002-03-22 17:52 ]
Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:28 pm
VirtuousMetal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2002-03-22 14:12, Badger wrote:

Anyway.... point is that until now I did not understand the power of the Dark Side. But now I have tasted of the forbidden fruit. It's too late for me now..but you? Some of you anyway... Run! Run while you still can.

Its NOT to late to turn back toward the Light!
Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:05 am
Krycek
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Oau,Mud how many times did you end up dead in our games,guess you're bored to die and die,and die,and beaten etc.
Actually I finish the game one time without kicking or killing Mud!
In Gothic 2 when we all let behind the barrier Mud will waiting us in the woods with his animals(maybe a shadowbeast,but I don't go that far)and he will revenge,or at least his brothers and sisters!

Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:46 am
Phil, the Prince of Insuf
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The Dark Side is very addictive. Once you realize you can beat up diggers and steal their stuff in three swipes of a Digger's Defence, there's no going back. I beat up practically the whole Old Camp looking for an apple for Baloro's weapon. Just one apple! (And the really sad part is, I found all of those apples by the tree near Cavalorn's hut later.) On a related note, I've also beaten up Old Camp diggers for:

- Cheese (Baloro's Weapon once again)

- Grilled Meat (when I'm too lazy to grill my own)

- The Hell of It (when I'm just starting out, and need the exp)

There's no going back!
Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 6:29 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next