Some equipment questions.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Gaming-Module
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Some equipment questions.

I have two questions on the subject of equipment and don't be afraid to spoil me unless you're gonna give me the closing cinematic play by play. This is my second playthrough. Didn't go all the way the first time though, something I'll remedy now .

First question - Is there mithril chest armor and if so, where is it?

Second question - Is there any way to keep the shield of the elders/ancients AND exchange for Krahoz (I'd basically like to keep the shield AND keep things civil with the order of the dagger for the purposes of the good ending).

I'm about to seek out the sister's outpost for Zohark (hopefully they didn't notice me disable their storeroom traps and rob their chests >.

EDIT: I should add that I've already turned in the shield, so I would need to reacquire it . My character build right now is lvl7, 10str, 14int, 10dex, 13stam with a focus on technical, object knowledge, casting and just enough melee and defense to not get squashed in one hit..
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:34 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

There is Mithril armor, chest, leggings, and helmet. You need object knowledge 30 to use it or even recognize what it is when you find it. You will find it in game, but I don't remember where. I am thinking it was in the rebel camp somewhere, or the mines to and from there. Don't quote me though.

As for shield and still getting the good cut scene, that I don't know. Good question. I know some have stolen it back and used it, but don't know if that alters the good ending? Sorry. Let us know if you find out.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:44 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Some equipment questions.

quote:
Originally posted by Gaming-Module

Second question - Is there any way to keep the shield of the elders/ancients AND exchange for Krahoz (I'd basically like to keep the shield AND keep things civil with the order of the dagger for the purposes of the good ending).

Actually there *is* a way to do this, because I recall doing it in my first playthrough.

What you have to do is after you finish destroying the meteor, go back to Alia and give her BOTH Krahauz and Zohark. Then she will return the shield to you.

There is slight chance I might be mistaken about this as its been a few years, but I'm pretty sure this is how you do it..

So to answer you question more specifically: -- no you cannot have Krahauz AND the sheild at the same time. But you *can* get the shield back after you are done with Krahauz if you do what I said above.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:28 pm
Gaming-Module
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well I've solved the second one. I just walked into the vault where Krahoz was and plucked the shield from the chest. Then I proceeded to walk up to every NPC in the area and strike up a conversation with my new accessory in plain view. No one cared so I'm gonna keep it.

I'll still come back later and give her Krahoz and Zohark to see what happens. Doing these sorts of things always worry me with this particular game because it's easy to "break" things.

I'm currently looking around the rebel camp and tunnels with the water and earth goblins. I haven't seen any mithril chest. Is it maybe in the tunnels below this area on the way to the sisters' front doorstep?

Thanks for the prompt responses.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:17 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Wish I could remember where I found it. I remember finding it shortly after buying some. lol Check the smithy for some. He and a few others get new stocks in after you destroy.........opps, don't want to spoil it for first time players.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:03 am
Gaming-Module
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

*SPOILERS*

Well I am at the point where I have Ylside armor, which doesn't seem to have a str requirement. I'm kinda dissapointed in the fact that mithril chest is inferior to it in every way, aside from the insignificant casting bonus. I would much rather wear the mithril to beat the game, as the Ylside armor is ugly and it just doesn't feel right wearing the badguy uniform. This game is easy enough without insane armor and str bonuses on top of my casting.

I ran into a nice little bug as a result of taking the shield of elder's early. If you have the shield equipped when you give Krahoz and Zohark to Alia you will have a duplicate shield put into your inventory and the original will be forever bound to you. I dont suppose it's a big deal. You can just chuck the spare and continue on with the original shield bound to you, but I decided to fix it by putting the shield back in the chest where you originally get Krahoz from and then turned both rings in for a non bugged shield.

***the real issue I need help with right now***

Unforunately armor issues are the least of my worries. It seems I tossed out two Akbaa Rocks earlier on at some point to make room for loot. If I want to beat the game I have to comb the entire dungeon looking for them, and that's even IF they can be found. I don't suppose they are immune to being cleared from the ground/shop inventories? If they were wiped in the chapter to chapter ground/shop purges I think I'm probably gonna uninstall this puppy and go back to WoW - and hopefully I'll be over it by the time Arx Fatalis 2 comes out, or I might just skip that purchase.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:01 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Know what you mean about the armor.

As for the stones, they are suppose to be there no matter what. If you sold them you would be in great shape.

If all else fails you can send an email to jroby@arkane-studios.com and see if he will send you the stones in a file you can just insert. He did that a lot for people when the game first came out. It may be different now, but worth a shot and you can search for the lost ones while you wait for his relpy. lol
Mark Twain
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:53 am
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

The mithril helmet can be bought very early in the game from the blacksmith in the city of arx. the mithril leggings can be found at the very deep levels of the crypts.The mithril chest is locked in a chest at the dwarf territory.In order to unlcvok the chest you need very high locking skill.If your skill isnt very high try the following things.
Ecuip with rings that boost your dexterity.Also enchacn a sword with sme garlic and ecuip the sword.That will give you +1 points to your dexterity.Cast the spell "bless" that will boost your ddexterity too.Now dexterity has an impact to lockpicking and other skills so you get the point.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:35 pm