Graveyard Holy Water
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Shadow
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Graveyard Holy Water

I have the Holy Water from the SE Tree but can't seem to use it on the mummy. I've tried using it. Triggering combat and no one will use it, holding it out and dropping it. etc. What's the trick?

BTW. How do you kill six juggernaughts when my party is level 8/9. Even my beserk Samuri with Bloodlust only does 40/60 points per turn...
Oh, My party is Vi, Lord, Samuri,Valkyie, Bard, Ranger, Bishop.......
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:18 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

1) put the water on your hand (cursor), and then click on the mummy (I assume you're talking about the evil guy hanging above the lava pool, and not the plain old mummy that was guarding that area)

2) favorable terrain is a MUST if you're going to fight them. Back into a corner so that you only have to face one or two at a time. Then chip away! The other option is to, umm, advance to the rear double time, soldier!
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:13 am
otter
One of Us

here i am, correcting DTEO again: the Holy Water goes in the cauldron under the suspended corpse. Just look for where your cursor becomes a hand when it's empty. (well, it's been a while, maybe it does work on the corpse, too--i've only ever put it where it worked for me the first time...)
I don't think holy water potions work in combat, only the spell.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:59 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by otter
here i am, correcting DTEO again: the Holy Water goes in the cauldron under the suspended corpse. Just look for where your cursor becomes a hand when it's empty. (well, it's been a while, maybe it does work on the corpse, too--i've only ever put it where it worked for me the first time...)
I don't think holy water potions work in combat, only the spell.
Oh yeah, well back at you! Holy water potions can be used in combat, just like a cherry bomb. In my experience, they don't do much damage though.

As for taking care of the corpse, if you're cursor is empty, how would the game know you're wanting to use the water? If you drop it from inventory, it just returns to the ground. You can't initiate combat with the corpse to throw it. That means you have to "use" it in a non-combat situation, which means it's a lot like the Umpani security panel- you put the item in your hand and click on the thing you want to use it on.

I've always had trouble getting that to work (by the time I'm back to that point in the game, I've forgotten how I did it last time), so perhaps I'm wrong here, but I don't think so.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:30 am
otter
One of Us

Your cursor turns into a hand anyplace you can use something. That's how i found out you could do anything with the corpse. (also one of the dungeons, but there was a lot more involved, mostly luck.) It's also useful for ascertaining where exactly to fix bridges and unlock tiny keyholes.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:15 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I understand the hand cursor when you're over a "hot zone", but to use a possession of the party on that "hot zone", it has to be in your hand. Think about how the Umpani doors and security panel work. Same thing with repairing the Trang teleporter.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:42 am
otter
One of Us

ja, but for the ones that are really hard to spot, you end up dropping the object (or getting told you want to keep it). The empty hand is to find the spot first, then get the object once you know where to put it. It also helps you if you find things to interact with if you run your cursor around. My first game i had no idea you could do s.t. to the corpse, until i "touched" it.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:04 am