Author Thread

I am nearly 56 and have played all Wizardry, Ultima and M&M and Bards tales

Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 9:11 pm

dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:

On 2002-04-04 15:01, Shadow_Fyre wrote:

a text based dos RPG call Rogue where monsters were letters and items were the symbols on the number bar. Dungeons and items randomly generated each time. Go down 26 levels and then back up.

I'm pretty sure I played this one, too. Didn't it come out about the same time as "Moria"? Heck, it might even be the same game.
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 9:46 pm
Infinity
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm 34 and I've played all of the Wizardrys except 2,3,4. All three Bard's Tales. Ultima 1,3,4. My favorite of all time is probably a toss-up between W6 and BT3.

Wow, that team is really CHEAP!
Post Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:42 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Born in 1967.
First RPG (sort of) I played was "Dungeon" on the Commodore PET back in 1979. Can't remember if I played Wizardry 1 or Ultima 1 first. Played every Wizardry and won them all except Wiz4 (given up in frustration) and Wiz8 (in progress) including Wizardry Adventure. Other favorites included the Bard Tale (1-3), and more recently Eye of the Beholder (1-3). Played Rogue & the ORIGINAL Adventure on a mainframe at Carnegie Mellon University when I went there to visit my brother there a lifetime ago. [BTW, my brother is 10 years older than me, so I was in high school and he was working on his PhD at the time - I wonder if he ever played an RPG besides Rogue?] (You can download a PC version of Adventure for free these days - I have a copy!) Haven't played most newer ones, as I don't have time - I'm making a huge exception for Wiz8. There was one other one for the Macintosh that I used to enjoy, but I can't remember the name of it right now. Same idea as Rogue, but had graphics instead of being text only.

"I remember when back in the good old days...." Yeah, well real life has intruded too much for me to have time to play. For those of you who read my thread on the game crashing, often enough it's my wife who is requiring me to pause for one reason or another.
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:20 am

The names mudia im 13 and ive played alot of dam good rpg but this is one of the best. the type you could play all night long the game i realy like to is ff8 ff7 ff10 was not very good to much talking.but i also like chrono triger the old Snes rpg game and least but not last Final fantecyTakttiks
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 1:42 am

I'm 37 years old and my first RPG was called Omega and it
hooked me right away. In the last 20 years I've been playing
most single player RPGs, starting on my ZX spectrum, then
an Amiga and I've used up a couple of PC's. This is my fifth
PC already...
Anyway, I never touched any online stuff, I'm doing fine on my own.
Does someone have a nice implementation of Omega for the PC?
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 1:25 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5