Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Neverwinter Nights (PC, Single- & Multi-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
FlameSeeker

quite gut

a gut game.. but less items. i hope the max level is 99 not 20, n of course more items
Post Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:41 am

doom'nezeu
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

NWN is abeautifully designed game with a well wriiten story
a little short, but... it is worth playing
Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:22 am
Dorgan Maelstrom
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This game is brillient, a little simple maybe but brillient none the less. I am still playing.

FOR THE

MAELSTROM!
Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:20 am
Cryptor69
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Nwn

I have played many RPG games and I have to say that NWN has been a very pleasant exp. IMHO it is a perfect game for someone new to the RPG genre. This game is very easy to play and has one of the best interfaces I have seen in an RPG game. To add the graphix are very nice, especially details like tall grass when you play the game on high detail / res. Considering that they are pumping our expansions to it on regular basis ( so it would seem ).

I'am still playing this one from time to time, so here is a link to some of my screenshots from the Polish version of the game ( well even if you can't read it you can still see the grafix )http://www.tube-puppy.com/galleries/categories.php?cat_id=59
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:38 pm
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Re: Nwn

Its a good game but it doesnt run on my pc very good craphics are good story isnt bad but its not one of my favourites games
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:40 am

ok let me expleen it to you fighting = one klik one mouse and wait
diablo= klik klik klik klik adrenelin pimpin and sweet braeking kilk klik klik ...
this is like the boringest game ever that i bought it brings shame opon my name i must kill myself mad raaaaaaaa evil game die kiddin
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:33 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
ok let me expleen it to you fighting = one klik one mouse and wait
diablo= klik klik klik klik adrenelin pimpin and sweet braeking kilk klik klik ...
this is like the boringest game ever that i bought it brings shame opon my name i must kill myself mad raaaaaaaa evil game die kiddin

some people think that this style of game is an IMPROVEMENT over the D2 'RPG' (if it can be called that at all). maybe for once you should consider that there could more substance to a game than clicking on monsters.

btw, the game runs on D&D 3Ed. not aD&D. that would be baldurs gate.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:50 am

MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I must say this is a very good game. I am thoroughly (sp?) enjoying myself while playing it. And who says the single player sucks?

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:56 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

it was also an AOL online RPG...actually the 1st MMORPG ever made. I remember playing that on my brothers 286. That's right...Neverwinter Nights started like 14 years ago on AOL!!!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:30 am
Kaniver
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

yup I plaued NWN on AOL.......what a long strange trip it's been.
Flash foward to the present!

While promogulating between MMORPG's ( my favorite gaming sector ) after extracatinging my self from a mostly on 4+ years of AC1 I have been enjoying some of the games I missed in that timeframe. I picked up a copy of NWN for less than $12.00.what a great buy. I'm enjoying the OC and I'm astounded at all the community developed items for this game. I wish there weren't so many darn chests to open but otherwise I find the experience enjoyable and can easily see the replay value. I ordered the HOU expansion that is even more highly rated.
Other titles I have picked up at cut rate prices are need for speed underground........lots of fun.........KOTOR which I haven't gotten into yet........Tiger Woods 2004........really enjoying the career mode..........Battlefield 1942 Anthology. I guess all that MMORPG time has some side benifits. Great games at great prices!!
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:58 pm
anonymus

If you're looking to buy an RPG game, don't get nwn. I played it and didn't like it in comparison to other RPGs I have played. A game I would recommend as an alternative is the elder scrolls III: morrowind.
Post Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:40 am

gamerforlife78
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This game is simple but it has a good story. It is definitely not my favorite.
Post Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:40 am
Pepto
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Maybe NWN didnt compare well to BG but it was good fun in its own right.
The expansions gave it quite a bit of longevity and the extra char classes gave it lots of replay value.
Maybe it doesnt knock your socks off but it unties your laces

"I can handle anything that life throws at me. I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or with finesse, or expediently - but I will handle it. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well DANCE!!!!!"
Post Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:01 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

Nwn is so cool i love it but i love its exp hordes of the underdark more because i can reach lvl 40 there

p.s. i hate diablo and all its kliking it fucks up your mouse and it suxs too old
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Mon May 02, 2005 11:41 am
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I don't understand all the brilliant comments.

This game nerfed the rules system, has mediocre graphics and has one of the worst campaigns of any major RPG release I've ever played. NWN has a good toolset, and the DM client. However the main campaign is a joke. Finding +3 weapons laying around in barrels amongst poor townsfolk is a joke.
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:08 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next