NotR customizer - difficulty changer for NotR / G2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Just wanted to add my thanks to aldee, for this fantastic tool
Anything that makes Gothic series more accessable, to more of the public is a good thing.
It is amazing how often a perception exist that the more difficult something is the better, I could not disagree more.
I have just as much fun/enjoyment playing in the Gothic world whether I decide to play a relaxed game just enjoying the increditable game world as when I decide I want to start a challenging gameplay game.

So anyway thanks again.
Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:25 pm
aldee_
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Updated the original post with new links since the server the files were hosted on before will go down soon.

Acleacius: Thanks :-)
Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:09 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

A bump and then it“s unpinned!
Post Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:35 am
aldee_
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry for bumping up my old thread. Did anybody try it with the English release version? Does it work? Just curious.
Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:48 pm
Gabreyl
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey aldee_ wanted to let you know that it does in fact work with the English release version. I've used it on my copy of the game and had no problems at all. Makes things much easier. Good job on the program
Post Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:10 am
aldee_
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for your feedback :-).

aldee
Post Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:04 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

aldee_

Just tested with the new Gothic Gold version and is does not work any more.

I am glad to see your still around.

Any chance of a mod to work with Gothic Gold?

It seems to look for G2att-G2NotR.mod which is needed any more, well if you buy the newest version.

I glad this thread has not been pushed to far back, I know it has been a big help to many people, especially newer Gothic fans.
Lets hope it does not get lost, since the release of Gothic 2 Gold will undoubtably bring new Gothic fans to this RPGDot community, which is a win/win for the game and the site.

Thanks again.

If you do not have time too or unable could let us know if this can be edited with a text editor or would it require a Hex editor?

Edit

Well, I was able to get the Second Version you listed to work with Gothic 2 Gold version, Great Work
Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:43 am
Rubix³
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hey aldee - thanks for the mod.

Do you have any idea how to change the new cost system of 5 & more LP for 1 strength/dex? I know this happens when you surpass 30, and gets more expensive as you go on, but I don't want it to.
Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:44 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Could you just boost the number of LP you get per level or do you mean a new slider bar?
Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:26 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Acleacius
...It is amazing how often a perception exist that the more difficult something is the better, I could not disagree more.
I have just as much fun/enjoyment playing in the Gothic world whether I decide to play a relaxed game just enjoying the increditable game world as when I decide I want to start a challenging gameplay game.

I fully share your point of view, but I am as often on the "too tough it's boring" than on the "too easy it's boring" and one same game can evolves from one side to another.

That's why a really well made game should have a difficulty setting with a cool graduation and a difficulty that can be changed on the fly. Gothic 2 failed on that.

And nope a user mod isn't a solution, mostly nobody start by installing mods when he plays a new game.
Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:28 pm
aldee_
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Rubix³: Well, no, actually I can't. The tool at its current state is about 2.5 years old, I originally wrote it shortly after the German release of NotR (although the English translation and adaption to the translation mod were done later) and I don't think I'll ever touch it again.

Acleacius: The "retail" NotR tool version should work with G2 Gold as well (as you found out :-).
Post Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:23 am
Aqtai
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This is going to sound like a terribly silly question, but I'm brand new to Gothic 2, I only started playing less than 2 weeks ago.

What is "Night of the Raven"? Is it an official expansion like "NWN hordes of the underdark" or "Morrowind: Bloodmoon"? I looked for it on Amazon and i couldn't find it, or is it a fan-created mod?

Thanks.
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:33 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

NotR was a separately available Addon for Gothic 2, but now it is included in the package when you buy Gothic 2 Gold.

If you bought Gothic 2 Gold (and installed everything), discussions that apply to NotR are for you and those that refer to just Gothic 2 classic, may not be -- since NotR changed some of the basic gameplay of Gothic 2.

In the Gothic 2 Gold package you do have the opportunity to install just Gothic 2 classic, if you wish.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:02 pm
Aqtai
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by imposteraz
NotR was a separately available Addon for Gothic 2, but now it is included in the package when you buy Gothic 2 Gold.

If you bought Gothic 2 Gold (and installed everything), discussions that apply to NotR are for you and those that refer to just Gothic 2 classic, may not be -- since NotR changed some of the basic gameplay of Gothic 2.

In the Gothic 2 Gold package you do have the opportunity to install just Gothic 2 classic, if you wish.

Thanks. I bought plain old Gothic 2, that is what I found on amazon.co.uk.

It didn't even have a manual, I had to download that off t'internet! I suppose I might have to get NotR the same way.
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:29 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

You might find a used copy of the standalone NotR.

I bought NotR as part of Gothic 2 Gold from Amazon in the USA. I don't know about its availability in the UK, though.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:44 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next