new comp arrived!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Daydream
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

new comp arrived!!

OMG .. what a difference! Don't know if you all remember my posts but I just had to let you know that the new comp is awesome with this game! Before it took forever to load. Everytime I put the disk in it got that loading bar across the bottom of the start up screen and I swear it took 10 minutes (at least) to load. Now its almost instant! EEHHAAAWWW!! AND, absolutely NO lags!!! The graphics are awesome too. The sky is sooo kewl at dusk!

I just got the comp and installing the game was the first thing I did. I only played for a few minutes and am already stuck. LOL I cant get into the city! Canther wont give me the pass for some reason. I keep going to him by loberts farm but the only chat choices are "show me your wares" and END! Why isnt he offering me the pass? I tried going to the gate in farmers clothes and telling the guards I am working for lobart and need supplies from the city, but they still wont let me in. They have killed me a million times for trying to walk in past them. (Well, maybe not quite a million) <g> Im not strong enuff to wonder through the woods looking for secret ways in either. Tried that and a shadow beast knocked hell outta me!

If anyone has any suggestions for getting me into the city please respond. Y'all have helped me outta jams before.. Im sure you'll do it again. <s>

Thanks a bunch!
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:47 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Ahhh, the new machine...great feeling, aint it? Everything so nice and fast hehe, sounds like you got a 2nd Xmas.
Anyway, you only get the option with that guy one time. If you refuse him the first time, thats it.
You can either reload before your first talk with him or go work for Lobart and get your farmers clothes and talk the the shepherd, he'll tell you what to say to the guards when you approach.
There *is* a way into the city without all of that, but it requires lots of tricky climbing and narrow-pathcrossing...(nets you 500xp tho).
Anyway, get the clothes or reload and talk to Lobart, this sounds like your first run through, I'll keep it simple
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:55 am
Sk'ar
Village Leader
Village Leader

Nah... its not that hard! Go up to the south gates where the two gaurds won't let you in... then head right for a yard or two... there will be a low point in the wall... now stand just a tiny-tiny bit back and jump up... your character should grab onto the ledge and pull himself up... then just jump down and make your way in a "wide" path around Lothar... head down to the docks and find a guy right on the harbor edge called "Lares" he should "auto-talk" to you and net you +500xp!
Then all you have to do is walk right back out the gate... do Lobart's Farm simple quests... get that exp... and walla! You got what? About 550-575 exp! Congrats! Good luck !
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:00 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

If you never got the option from him and are hitting bugs already, you might want to try starting all over, or even reinstalling. I would reload for sure though.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:42 pm
Daydream
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Snuck in

Thanks for all the advise. I managed to sneak into the city and now they don't bother me anymore. They said it "looks like you have money so go on in". LOL

Have a great evening!
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:32 am
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

If you want to get into the the city this is the easy way: you must sneak past the right guard at the entrance, since only the left guard will speak to you and you will stay out of talking distance then.
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:39 pm