Do I have to kill the lich???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Nik
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Do I have to kill the lich???

I'm now searching for the meteor. I killed everyone and got 3 directions I can choose from with noone to kill on the way. If I go right where the blind guy was (before my killing spree) and there are two secret chambers. The golem was easy to kill, so I killed him. In the secret chamber on the right there is a lich which I can not kill (I've tried 4 hours!). I am a warrior and my axe seems to do absolutely no damage to it! I tried putting some points into magic but I could not kill it even after having casted Incineration on it for 3 times (and fought it for another 5 mintes). Can I pass this level without killing the lich? Should I continue being a warrior or evolve as a magician? Help me, guys!
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 8:59 pm
Cherubael
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No, the lich has an Akbaa Rock that you'll need much letter, but for now you just need to go through the east door in that four door room. Disable the field with a scroll (you'll find two in the temple) and with the scrolls you found on the three high priests, you should be able to pull all three levers, creating a walkway in that room with all the muck at the bottom, which is past that blind priest.

edit: Oops, west, not east.
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:13 pm
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

No, leave lichie for later.

You dont have to kill the lich, i dont even think you are suppose to yet. No character is powerful enough yet. Come back to him much later when you got better armor and/or spells/scrolls. Liches are the hardest bad guys and there are several discussions goin on in here about how to defeat them. I killed your lich here, but have bypassed each one ive encountered after it (Oh, i mean i came back and killed your lich here after awhile later).
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:41 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I always foind Liches easyer then Ylsids... I managed to kill it in my first encounter on my second game, with all XP possible to get 'for encountering it and better weapons then usual... But there's nothing wrong in keeping it for later.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:24 pm
Valdis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I had no problem killing the lich. I just backed into a corner and cast fire field (aam yok spacium). It filled the area between us and the room was small enough that he was taking damage from it the whole time.

However, the demon is giving me problems. Any tips on taking him out?
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:38 pm
Ravenwench
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The demon in the meteor room? What I did was hit him with a fireball first... then I ran up and stood on the altar just in front of Alia- facing the door I came in. From up there he can't really hit you.unless he gets a lucky shot right in front of you.. So I just kept wacking away at his head until he turned over. But the fireball weakened him.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:41 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

Killing Demon

I killed the demon easily in the doorway to the meteor room...It's a good place to fight ...he can't get past you and your magic or fighting focuses on him...but until I used the HARM spell as protection and offence...he always killed me...Harm spell...RHAA...VITAE...then one fireball and a few slices from my blade and it was over...at that time magic and combat were low too... good luck...I just killed my first Lich after finishing the crypts and getting the Sheild of Ancients...with better statistics now I'll go back to try and kill that Lich in level 2 you're talking about ...I couldn't kill him before either

THE TAROT
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:26 pm
Valdis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the tips, I'll give them a try this afternoon when I get home from work.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:52 pm
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Spoiler

i just wanted to spoil it for all of you! you will someday happen upon at least 3 lichies at one time......
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:38 am
sunshine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

At this point in the game you are really still too puny to beat a lich.

But it is posible...

all you have to do is remember to poison your DAGGER, and keep a few apples with you to eat for health.........

HA,HA,HA!
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:34 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The second time thorugh I had more technique to fight it, passed a few more levels then the first and better armour/weapons, and the liche was a breeze - without ivensting a single point in magic too.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:43 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Cherubael
No, the lich has an Akbaa Rock that you'll need much letter,

What? I will need that Akbaa rock later. I just throw out of my inventory two of them and I do not know exactly where. Will I need all of them or just one? Or are you talking about other Akbaa stone than those pink high strange object that could be found in secret temple?
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:09 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Welp, you need to find them now...
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:46 pm
k'tav
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Danicek
quote:
Originally posted by Cherubael
No, the lich has an Akbaa Rock that you'll need much letter,

What? I will need that Akbaa rock later. I just throw out of my inventory two of them and I do not know exactly where. Will I need all of them or just one? Or are you talking about other Akbaa stone than those pink high strange object that could be found in secret temple?

sorry, but i can't help it!
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:04 pm
Andysaurus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The weapons in Arx are tripe.

1. Cast Bless + 2 fireballs, then (if strength 11, magic 12, dexterity 12, constitution 10) just beat him up with your fists (NO KIDDING). So far the only things i have killed with a weapon are rats, cause they can be out of reach. Fists are much more accurate. This method is cheaper on heath potions.

No good for the Litch.

2. Find the jeweled long sword of extra violence on level 5 or 6 accessed from level 4 enterence where the cultists creeps come from, and poison it. Then cast Cast Bless + 2 fireballs, and carry on hacking

Have LOT and LOTS of health potions ready
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:41 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next